Friday, June 1, 2012

Out with Dad

On my dad's birthday (Wednesday) he was awarded the Queen's medal for service to Canada by his employer.  He needed to bring a date to the awards ceremony and dinner and he picked me :-)

I got dressed up to head out for the evening ...

 
 

I finally broke out my new Louis Vuitton bag that I picked up on 5th Ave. in New York.  I thought the pop of colour would be perfect with my dress and matching nails.

We had dinner at a local restaurant called The Lakeshore.  I ordered the shrimp and ribs with the Caesar salad to start.

 

It was pretty good, but not great.

Last night my siblings and I took my dad out for dinner to celebrate his birthday.  We went to Teppanyaki.

 

I had gyoza to start and then shrimp and steak for my meal.

 
 
 

The sun is shining today and I am looking forward to a fabulous weekend!  

What do you have planned for the weekend?

11 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

You look beautiful! I love the pop of color from the purse!

This weekend I will take my CFA exam. Woo hoo! It's almost behind me!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

You look gorgeous! And congrats to your dad!!

Why am I here??? said...

YOU LOOK HOT JOLENE, the dress, the bag....everything! You have to make that last picture your new profile for your blog! tehe

sophia said...

Aw, father-daughter time is so poignant. You looked SO beautiful, Jolene! Love your apple-red bag!

Simply Life said...

how fun that you went with your dad to this! Looks like a great time- I love your dress!

Why am I here??? said...

hehe, your new side pic looks awesome ;)

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

What fun! it's nice to sometimes get dressed up for special things - looks like you had fun!

Ameena said...

Love the bag. And your dress! But really, so envious of your perfect skin.

Hope you are having a great weekend so far!

Kacy said...

You look so pretty! I love the bag.

Lisa said...

You look beautiful! I love the bag. What a great honor for your dad, and how nice that he took you!

Anonymous said...

so much cooking on your blog lately! You look so beautiful and happy belated bday to your dad!! Hey guess who is going to NyC oct 13? I say you book a trip and we finally meet!!!