Sunday, June 17, 2012

Carbs.

I was feeling a little blah today, so I decided to get my butt into the kitchen and make things happen ...

 
 
First I made 2 loaves of my favourite bread.  
You can find the recipe here.

 
Then I whipped up a loaf of ridiculously easy beer bread, because all things are better with beer.  I used a full bodied spicy brew and the result was purrrrrrrfect.

 
 

Still warm and slathered with butter ...

 

I love recipes that use ingredients that I always have on hand, so when I came across these muffins on Foodgawker today, I knew I'd be making them right away.

 
 

How was your weekend?  Did you bake anything? 


7 comments:

sophia said...

Love the look of that muffin...definitely like a donut hole! Hope you're feeling much better right now, Jolene! :-)

Simply Life said...

I haven't been feeling well this weekend and haven't had much of an appetite for anything...until I saw that warm bread with butter. That is EXACTLY what I want to be eating right now!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum! Lots of great baking happening around your home this weekend. I did not bake a single thing, but I so rarely bake! I make banana bread a couple of times a year but that is the extent of my baking!!

Kacy said...

I baked lemon raspberry muffins for work today. They are good!

Alli said...

Those muffins look amazing. I use a beer bread recipe from food network and either use a Blue Moon and add cinnamon and raisins or Guinness and caraway seeds. Both are amazing.

Allysia said...

Oh man, you were a baking hero on Sunday! Those muffins look ridiculously easy to make, and ridiculously good. And of course, is bread (especially beer bread!) ever bad? Hope the baking made your day better. :)

Anonymous said...

you have my address right? :)