Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lately ...

It's been over a week since I blogged last - eeeeep!  Luckily, as of tomorrow at noon, I am done work for 2 months.  Expect to see much more regular blog posts.  

In the past week or so I have been enjoying beautiful weather and BBQd food including this pork chop with smokey paprika potatoes:


And this fabulous steak dinner that I got to enjoy with some of my favourite people (also known as one of the nicest families around):

 
 
 

Last weekend was one of my best friend's 30th birthday, and we celebrated 80s style!
 

Things have been winding down at work.  Last night we celebrated the end of the school year with a Tony Roma's dinner, after our last day with students.


This morning I made some beautiful oats to fuel up before a staff meeting and cleaning day.

 

Holidays are almost here!!!!!  I am so excited!

How was your week?  What are you excited for?


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy last day of work!! I bet that feels pretty awesome being off for two months!

Kacy said...

I'm excited for next week. I only have to go into the office once :)

Allysia said...

Woo hoo! You must be so pumped up! My school year end isn't nearly as dramatic as yours, especially since some of my students still take summer lessons, ha ha! But it's definitely a nice change of pace. I totally want to have an 80's style birthday!

Alli said...

Love the 80's outfit!

I'm excited about the Salted Butterscotch Pudding I'm thinking of making tonight :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing up for the summer. My kids go to a Montessori, so they were done last week, which means I've been trying to keep them entertained without losing my mind - I would never make it as a full-time, stay-at-home mom. We actually came out to Calgary Tuesday to watch my husband's cousin compete at the Olympic Track and Field Trials and to visit my brother and his girlfriend. Planning to hit the zoo today, watch some more track, and then head home. It's been lots of driving but fun.

LoLy said...

Woooooohooooooooo..
Enjoy :D
XXX
http://abudhabifood.blogspot.com

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yay for almost being done with work (or maybe you are done as of today?). I am excited about my 1.5 week vacation!!!

Yelena (One Healthy Apple) said...

I love your 80s outfit! The weeks all blur together but I am excited to go to a new mom's group this week!

Anonymous said...

are you out now?? enjoy your summer!

Emily said...

Look at those pretty strawberry oats!

I'm looking forward to my birthday!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

@ Yelena - that's not me :-) That's my buddy Tricia - the birthday girl.