Thursday, June 7, 2012

Bacon Crusted French Toast

If you didn't get enough bacon in my last post ... I have another bacon lover's recipe for you!

Bacon Crusted French Toast


French bread slice
Bacon (1 piece per slice of bread)
Egg (1 per slice)
1 tsp pure maple syrup

Cook the bacon in a pan until crisp (cook more than once slice if you want some for on the side).  Remove bacon and crumble onto a place.  Put the egg and syrup into a dish and soak the bread in it about 30 seconds on each side.  Dip the bread into the crumbled bacon.  Fry the bread up in the bacon grease on medium-medium high!  Serve with more bacon ... obviously.

 
 

If bacon is not your thing, try my recipe for coconut crusted French toast.  It is to-die-for!


Do you like French toast?  How do you make yours?  Any favourite French toast recipes?

7 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I have actually never lived french toast... It's just too thicky and sort of mushy for me or something... I just have never been a fan. I am more of a crispy waffles person!

Kacy said...

I like French toast, but I usually don't go out of my way to have it. I prefer eggs most of the time. I do really like French toast casserole though.

Allysia said...

Lol Jolene, you and your bacon. :) French toast is one of the best breakfast foods ever, but I haven't made it in a while - it would be great with coconut, I'll have to do that next time!

Kelsey Ann said...

Oh Jolene, you are amazing!!! I have to admit, I have been eating quite a bit of bacon lately...well after I steal whats on my boyfriend's plate!! haha

xoxo <3

Why am I here??? said...

Hey, this bacon crusted french toast is making me hungry every time I come here to check on this site for an update (ha! just buggin')

Anonymous said...

I'm not a huge french toast maker or eater, but I'm definitely going to make this!

Why am I here??? said...

Hope you're able to take some time for yourself this week.