Monday, December 1, 2014

December

I swear I was just sitting in the backyard with my sweetheart, soaking up the summer sun, while our dinner cooked on the BBQ.  How December 1st came so quickly, I do not know.

Gone are the patio bevvies, long, lazy afternoons in the sun, and walks around the lake.

It's freezing.

It's time for warming dinners, like perfectly spiced butter chicken.


Gone are afternoons spent weeding, watering, and mowing.  Hello shoveling.  We shoveled for the neighbors the other day, and then a while later heard a knock on the door.  When I opened the door, no one was there, but I saw this little plate with two cookies on the steps:


Adorable.  We have the nicest little family living next door - we're so lucky!

No-Spend November is over, and it was fun!  We made meals stretch, and enjoyed spending time at home.  As for December, today was my last day of class for the semester; I wrote an exam, and handed in a 52 page paper.  I am absolutely ecstatic to be done, as I really did not enjoy the class.  I'm so happy that I can now enjoy December, and all the fun that we have coming up this month.  We do not have any free weekends, not a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday - but we only have fun stuff planned!

Do you have a busy December?  Parties?

6 comments:

Kelsey Ann said...

your neighbours are sweet, and so are you for shoveling for them!! heck you did a lot of work too, weeding isnt easy or fun hehe

i try to have a fun-filled and busy december. makes the month feel like its got a purpose if that makes sense :P

xo

Kacy said...

I cannot believe it's December either. I am never ready for it. I agree with the warm dinners though. I made chicken curry last week too!
I am hoping for a less spending December, meaning less going out to eat and more time in sweatpants on the couch avoiding the cold.
Love that your neighborhood is so close!

Basic Intuition said...

Awww that was the most sweetest form of gratitude... lovely little handwritten notes...N the butter chicken looks delicious..

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Congrats on having this class behind you. A 52 page paper sounds tortuous to me honestly! Yuck!

That butter chicken looks amazing!! Was it easy to make? And how sweet of your neighbor to leave you cookies!

I can't believe it's December either. The year has flown by, it scares me to think that the years will continue at this pace, or maybe go even faster. :/ December is going to fly by, too. We have our Jamaica trip (in 3 sleeps), and then both of our work parties and then Christmas! Lots of fun things to look forward to!

Anonymous said...

I made chicken tikka masala in my slow cooker yesterday. Great minds...

We've got lots of fun stuff lined up for December, too: parties, hockey, and baking. Congrats on finishing that class! 52 pages - yuck.

Nicole | Culinary Cool said...

December snuck up on us too. The next few weekends are full of work Christmas parties and a Turducken party, which we are sad you have to miss!