Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve

Last night we went out for dinner with my friends Eric and Marian who were in town from St. Paul, Minnesota.  It had been years since I had seen them last, so it was nice to catch up and introduce them to Christopher. 

We went out for dinner to Flip, one of our favourite restaurants in town.  We shared the poutine to start:


I ordered one of my favourite dishes in the city, spinach spaetzle.  I added spicy shrimp to it, because it pairs so well.


It doesn't look appetizing, but it's perfection.

Everyone else enjoyed their food too, and we had a really nice visit.


I can't believe it's Christmas eve!  It doesn't really feel like it, because this is the first year of my life without a Christmas tree up at home, and the first time we'll be away from home for Christmas morning.  Christmas eve today will be very different than last year ... but it's going to be fantastic!  You'll get to read all about it  ... later.

Merry Christmas everyone! 

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Now you just need to come visit those friends in St. Paul! There is a long list of restaurants they could take you to (and I would finally get to meet you!). :) Can't wait to hear more about your Christmas!