Monday, July 21, 2014

Roadtrip to Saskatoon

We go to Saskatoon as often as we can, which usually works out to once a month, to visit, bring supplies to, and help my mom who has primary progressive MS.  We also have other family in Saskatoon that we like to visit when we can.  It worked out nicely this time, and on our last visit, as Christopher's band Screaming Daisies had a gig in Saskatoon.  It's nice to kill a few birds with one stone.


We hit the road early Friday afternoon, stopping for lunch at Drip first. 


Drip is a coffee shop with soup and sandwiches.  It's a gorgeous shop, but it's a little pricey.   For two lattes and two sandwiches, it was $30.


The sandwich really wasn't worth the price, but the coffee was pretty good.

Dinner on Friday night was at Bottega Trattoria.


I really wanted to try the lasagna at this restaurant, but when the waiter heard that I was allergic to pine nuts, he said that all the tomato sauce dishes have pesto in them.  I tried to clarify, asking specifically if their tomato sauce had pine nuts.  He said it did.  I think there might have been some miscommunication, as I have never heard of tomato sauce having pine nuts in it.  Christopher had some tomato sauce in the amuse bouche, and he couldn't detect nuts/pesto.  I've messaged the restaurant, and am waiting for clarification. 

Anyway, I ordered the carbonara, and it was really good.


We visited with my mom on Saturday, and then ate dinner at Taste of Saskatchewan in the park.  We shared a bunch of things over the course of a few hours:


We caught some of the music in the park, before heading to the venue for the Screaming Daisies.


On Sunday morning we ate at Aroma, and then spent the day with my mom again.


It was a really nice weekend.  Saskatoon, we'll see you again soon!

How was your weekend?  What did you do?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum, all of the food you had at the Taste looks so good!

My weekend was a lot of fun as I went to the wedding of a good friends and we also did a lot of socializing on Friday night. Yesterday was all about prepping for the party I am having this weekend. I made a s'mores ice cream cake which I am hoping is really good because it was kind of a putzy, time consuming recipe.