Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Creme Pie


Because ... why not ...

The boy loves pie.  Now that I'm on holidays, I've told him to put in requests for things he'd like me to make, but he's too polite to ask me to make anything.  Okay, fine, I'll just start with pie.


Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Creme Pie
Slight adaptions from recipe here.

35 Nilla wafers (in the cookie aisle), finely crushed
1/4 cup butter melted
2 squares semi-sweet Baker's chocolate, divided
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 bananas
2 pkgs. Jell-O instant pudding (3.4 oz. each)
2 cups cold milk (any %)
2 cups thawed Cool-Whip topping, divided

Heat oven to 350 F. 

Mix wafer crumbs and melted butter until well blended.  Press into the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate.  Bake 6-8 minutes.  Cool.

Meanwhile, beat the pudding with the milk for 2 minutes.  Add 1 cup of the thawed Cool-Whip.

Slice bananas into the crust.  Melt 1.5 squares of the chocolate with the peanut butter for one minute.  Stir until the chocolate is melted.  Pour over the bananas.  Top with the pudding mixture.  Then top that with the remaining 1 cup of Cool-Whip.  Use a veggie peeler and the last half of the chocolate square to make some chocolate shavings for the top.  Refrigerate for 3 hours.  Serve.  Store leftovers in fridge.


What is your favourite kind of pie?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Holy yum. That looks amazing! I could make that if I could find GF nilla wafers - or GF graham crackers would work, too. Yum.

My favorite pie is this chocolate mousse one that my mom makes every year for Thanksgiving.