Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Skiing

We spent Saturday skiing in Breckenridge, Colorado.  We took a 7:00 a.m. shuttle from Denver to Breckenridge, which took about 90 minutes.  We bought our lift tickets, then ate sandwiches for breakfast:


We had a great time on the slopes, and loved the powder.  It has been snowing non-stop in Breckenridge, and they were boasting that they had the best skiing they've had since 1987!


Dig Christopher's ski suit:


We got hungry after quite a few runs, and shared a meal at The Warming Hut, which totally hit the spot:


Meatloaf with mashed potatoes & a mushroom tarragon gravy, and three cheese mac & cheese.  Our food was fantastic!

We took the shuttle back to Denver.  The 16th Street Mall looks really pretty at night, and we walked around for a couple minutes before heading back to the hotel:


We were way too tired to go out for dinner, so we ordered in to our room:


Do you like skiing?  Where is your favourite place to ski? 

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That is awesome that the skiing conditions have been so great this year. I have only skied in Steamboat Springs, CO. I learned kind of late in life so I can't say I enjoy it all that much because I am just a chicken. I wish I had learned at a young age.