Friday, February 7, 2014

Marokena Crepe

There is a new crepe place in town (also the only crepe place).  I was hoping it would be like Kawaii Crepe in Winnipeg, with a huge selection, and perfectly soft/crisp crepes wrapped up in a triangle shape for you to hold.  That's what I was hoping for, but this place was something quite different, yet still really good.

I was going to wait until next week to try this place, once they opened officially, but I couldn't wait.  We went in on Wednesday during their soft opening.  Marokena Crepe has a very homey feel to it:


The service was excellent, and it really seemed like a lot of care and attention went into each of our crepes.  I had a savoury beef crepe.


It was very soft, and tasted really fresh.  The crepes are served on glass dinnerware, with silver cutlery, which is different than most crepe places I've been too (which have all been of the fast-food style). 

We both really enjoyed our food and will visit this restaurant again.  These crepes are so different from the fast-food style, hand-held, mall crepes, that they really can't be compared, and one won't satisfy your craving for the other.  That being said, we need a Kawaii Crepe in Regina too!  If that happened, we'd likely be eating nothing but crepes from now on.  And Swiss Chalet.  And po boys.  And fish burritos.  And ...

Okay, never mind, we'd just never stop eating. 
We'd be a little, happy blimp family.

This restaurant is in the north end of town.  While we were down there, we decided to stop for coffee, and then catch a flick.


It was a pretty nice little weekday evening.

What are your weekend plans?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum! I love crepes! I was supposed to go to a crepe restaurant last night for a belated birthday dinner but we checked the website before heading out and it closed at 5 during the week. :( So I am hoping to go in the next couple of weeks. I love love love crepes, especially the savory ones. I had them 3 times when I was in Paris as it's one of my favorite foods. They call the savory ones gallettes in Paris, though, and they aren't shaped like a triagle so they are a bit different but delish.