Monday, February 24, 2014

He was Promised Desserts

A couple of weeks ago I told Christopher that it had been a while since I had done any baking, and that I was going to make him some desserts.  He didn't let me forget that he "... was promised desserts."

In addition to the grapefruit cookies that I made last week, I also made some mint, double chocolate cookies, stuffed with double-stuffed Oreos (that's a mouthful), and pumpkin spice cupcakes with salted, caramel butter cream.


I made him share his cupcakes with his band mates.  This is the boy who didn't want to have birthday parties as a kid, because he didn't want people eating his cake!  Bahaha!


When he was at work the next day, I also sent some home with his sister!

Because I was on a baking roll, I made a couple loaves of bread.  I love to make bread, and much prefer it to the store-bought stuff.


Have you baked anything recently? 

3 comments:

Nicole | Culinary Cool said...

The pumpkin spice cupcakes with salted caramel butter cream were AMAZING!
Just baked up a batch of Pecan Maple French Toast cupcakes!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I have not baked anything in well over a year. I used to make banana bread occasionally but I haven't since I moved. I almost made a GF brownie mix that I got for my birthday yesterday to bring to work, but I decided to wait until I am back in Minneapolis to make it. But all of your baking looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

I am a little embarrassed to admit that I made a dump cake last night. I'm usually a from scratch girl, but wanted something super-quick and super-easy. It turned out okay, but nothing like what those cupcakes you baked look like!