Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies


 It is my favourite time of year.  Halloween is over, and the real festivities begin! I am going to get into full-force Christmas mode pretty quick here ... But that doesn't mean I am giving up on pumpkin.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
(Adapted from Betty Crocker)


1 box Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
(make batter according to directions) and spread into a sprayed (bottom only) 9 x 13 pan.
Mix together: 1 pkg cream cheese, 1/2 cup pumpkin, 1 egg, 3 T sugar, 1 t cinnamon, 1/2 t nutmeg
Dump the pumpkin mixture on to the brownie batter and stir it up.

Bake for about 25 minutes @ 350.

On to my eats ...

Sunday night I ate 2 pears.  Breakfast Monday morning was eggs and toast with OJ.


Lunch was a haystack (leftovers).

Dinner on Monday evening was a veggie pita pizza (plus another half).  


I went to class Monday evening and got my first grad school midterm back.
I got 94% - the highest in the class!!!!!  I was pretty pumped.
I came home pretty hungry, so I had 2 eggs.

This morning I made a bowl of oats featuring these yummy little gems:


My oats contained: 1/2 cup coffee, 1/2 cup unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze, 1 tsp PB, 1/2 banana, sprinkle of choc. pop arils. 


Lunch was a turkey and veggie sandwich on rye, 1/2 cup yogurt with 1 tsp PB, 3 bites of cheesecake, and a mini snickers.

Dinner this evening was curried lentil soup with 1/2 piece of nan bread.
The soup is super healthy, high protein and vitamins.  You can find the recipe here.


I had a little taste of a brownie for dessert.  They are yummmy!

I am starting to get really excited for my trip to San Fransisco on Friday.
I am looking forward to meeting some bloggie friends!

What are you looking forward to these days?

14 comments:

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) said...

I love pita pizza!

I'm looking forward to our Vegas vacation this month, my birthday next month, and all the holidays!! :D

Eden said...

I think you know what I'm looking forward to! whats gonna happen once its over!?

Heather (Where's the Beach) said...

You're teasing me with pizza and those brownies ;-)

Kat said...

mmm brownies :) And those chocolate covered pomegrantes look so amazing! Mmmm I want some! I totally just had a pita melt last night at my favorite greek place and it was melt in my mouth delicious! I am looking forward to eating there again, like today lol

Unknown said...

i just found out Wegman's makes fantastic naans-- both whole wheat and white!

good luck with the packing :)

Anonymous said...

WOW great job with you A!!! what are you going to grad school for again?! thats awesome!

Meghan@travelwinedine said...

I am looking forward to meeting you! Let's make sure we catch up somehow. Are you staying at the Sir Francis Drake?
Love your pita pizza! I always forget about this simple yet totally comforting and delicious option for dinner!

Toni @ Imperfect Pregnancy said...

I'm looking forward towards being done with college... which isn't until May. Ugh. I'm o tired of it.

Alanna said...

I bet those brownies are so GOOD!

Kacy said...

Congrats on your test score! That's great!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oh wow - those dark choc covered pomegranate seeds look divine!

I am looking forward to seeing my parents this weekend. They are coming for this annual "Julia Child" night that my aunt & I host. Should be a blast!

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Yummy!

Kat said...

Hi Jolene!
I just checked my blog which I havent checked in FOREVER. and i saw your sweet post. i miss reading your blog too, and i miss writing mine!
so, i got into law school...in california, moved across the country, and i have never been more swamped. im hoping once i get the hang of work, i can post a little bit again, but its hard right now.
so good to hear from you and to see you are well! love the halloween costume!
xo kat

Kylie @ A Hungry Spoon said...

Pumpkin cheesecake brownies?! Amazing! I love pumpkin foods, love cheesecake, and who doesn't love brownies? Brilliant combo :)