Sunday, November 28, 2010

Cake Pop Christmas Tree

On Friday morning I enjoyed a yogurt mess for breakfast before going to work for the day to do parent-teacher-student conferences.  It is hard to believe that we are already done 1/3 of the school year - I feel like I just finished my summer holidays!


We ordered Chinese food into work for lunch.  I came home to spend the evening snuggling with the hubby, while we ate some warm, comforting chili for dinner.


I was up early on Saturday morning to do homework with a friend.  I had 2 eggs, 1 slice of toast and a latte for breakfast.  Lunch was sushi with the hubby.

Cake Pop Tree

The hubby's work Christmas party was Saturday night, and he had a fun idea to make a Christmas tree cake pop stand.  He pulled out his jigsaw, some wood, paint and a drill, and spent the afternoon on his project.  He is so creative :-)


I made the cake pops in green, blue, red and yellow (for the star) and then bagged them and tied them with pretty festive ribbon.  It was fun!



We took them to the Christmas party where we bowled, enjoyed pizza and other goodies, and visited with Chris's coworkers and their spouses.  It was a good night.


I ate leftover chili today, wrote a paper, and then grabbed some pizza and am currently watching the Grey Cup!  My province's team - The Saskatchewan Roughriders are playing this evening against Montreal in Canada's biggest sporting event (this is our Superbowl).


We are losing 18 to 21.  There are 3 minutes left.  
All of Saskatchewan has their fingers crossed.

Things I am looking forward to this week:

- Setting up the Christmas trees and putting out all of our decorations
- Finishing my final paper for the semester
- My work Christmas party of Friday
- A friend's 30th b-day party on Saturday
- Christmas shopping!

What are you looking forward to this week?  
When do you put up your Christmas decorations?

28 comments:

Unknown said...

whoa, ive never seen cake pops before!!

what a creative idea, i'm impressed by your skills.

fingers are crossed for ya

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That is fun that you both have work parties! My company is so ginormous, we don't do Christmas parties... and my boyfriend is self-employed so he doesn't either. Would be fun to have a holiday party to go to!

I put my Christmas tree up today. I don't enjoy the decorating part but i love having it up and all decorated. :)

This week I am looking forward to a Gingerbread Decorating party with some girlfriends.

Amber said...

Omg that cake pop Christmas tree is SO COOL! I LOVE IT!

Astrid said...

Jolene, that cake pop tree is amazing. I have yet to make cake pops, but maybe I will soon. Maybe even this week for my students! This week I am ooking forward to finalizing a place to live in Colorado and having my final Mneralogy lab EVER. I may never be a TA again after this week. Also, December starts, which is pretty cool.

Jessica @ Dairyfreebetty said...

those are sooo cute!!

Hey I am hoping to do a "canadian secret santa" gift exchange... what do you think?!

Christina said...

the cake pop tree is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Your cake pop tree is AMAZING! I'll bet everyone was so impressed!

My Christmas decorations are in storage this season... I think next year I will be so excited I will be putting them up before Halloween, haha.

Sorry about your Riders tonight! :-(

Alicia @addsomesprinkles said...

Wow what a unique idea! Cute blog :)

Unknown said...

WONDERFUL POST!

HI! my name's martina and I come from Italy...I'd like you visit my blog and if you want follow me!kiss kiss^^

marti
glamour marmalade

Simply Life said...

oh what a festive snack - I love it! Oh and that chili looks perfect for this weather!

Anonymous said...

you need to really start thinking of writing a catering/hosting book or blog!!! you are so darn creative!!! I usually put my xmas decorations by now but with Glenn go I'm in a grump mood.

Kat said...

That is the cutest idea ever!! I got to make my hubby make one of those. He LOVES building things, so I am sure he wont mind. However last time I tried to make cake balls they didnt turn out. :( They tasted good, but I think maybe I used too much frosting? They never set up right...

Kacy said...

That is such a cute idea!

Melissa @ Made in Melissa's Kitchen said...

That cake pop tree is brilliant! SO fun and festive!

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Ahh! I love it! Love me some cake pops :)

Madeline - Greens and Jeans said...

That cake pop tree is adorable! I'm looking forward to going to New York for work on Friday because I get to see my best friend from college!

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

cake pops are my fave things!! and making a tree..so clever! You are a teacher and have a teacher's mind and creativity...you rock! :)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg said...

Those are TOO cute!! I've seen cake balls before, but never cake pops! Love that idea!

Melissa said...

I LOVE your cake pop tree... it's sooo cute!! Things I'm looking forward to: relaxing this weekend!

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear said...

The best part of Xmas is buying presents for friends and family... I'm not a fan of the holiday in general so no decorations here :) I'm also going Xmas shopping this week, yay!

The Fajdich Times said...

Very cleaver idea!! The Cake Pop Tree is so cute:)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the cake pop tree! I'll probably put up my Christmas decorations some time this week/weekend.

Anonymous said...

Too bad for the roughriders! .... But I have to say two years in a row for the Als! WOO! :)

That is the cutest idea for hte cake pops!

Unknown said...

The cake pops turned out SO GOOD! Kudos to your hubby for the tree idea and to you for putting all the effort of making them! I ate my cake pop today at afternoon recess. I think I died and went to heaven. It was soo good....I am going to have to try making them!

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the cake pops !!!!
Seriously adorable!

Lori said...

Those cake pops are awesome! How did you make them?? What's on the outside? Love the tree holder too. So creative!

Jenna said...

omg that is sucha good idea!
i am defs gonna try that this year ;)
so excited now! hah.
jenna

Heather Dawn said...

I freaking love this cakepop christmas tree stand. Really. A lot.