Thursday, November 25, 2010

Egg in a Hole

Since starting my blog about a year and a half ago, I have developed a love of breakfast that I had never had before.  I learned to be more creative with breakfast, instead of just popping frozen waffles in the toaster everyday for a month ...

Yesterday I had a beautiful bowl of mocha coconut oats (made with chocolate Almond breeze, coffee, quick oats, 1 tsp choc. chips and 1 tsp shredded coconut).


My other eats yesterday included a roast beef sandwich, a pear, yogurt, iced cappuccino, soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.  My snack last night was celery with plastic Cheese Whiz:


Real foodies eat Cheese Whiz.  It's the law.
This morning I had egg in a hole, an old favourite from my childhood camping days with my family.

Egg in a Hole

Step 1: Tear a hole out of 2 slices of bread (and toss or eat)
Step 2: Butter both sides of each slice
Step 3: Heat up a pan or grill
Step 4: Toss the bread on until sizzling


Step 5: Crack an egg into the hole


Step 6: After about a minute, flip carefully and quickly! 


Step 7: Once the second side is cooked, serve immediately.


Step 8: For ultimate eating pleasure, make sure they are runny!!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my American Friends!!!!!!!

This evening the hubby and I, and about 20 others went to a friends house for a turkey dinner.  There were a couple appetizers, and then a traditional Thanksgiving feast.


If you are celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend what are you doing to celebrate? 
Have you ever had egg in a hole?

Don't forget to enter my giveaway if you haven't already!


18 comments:

Astrid said...

Since blogging, my breakfasts have gotten much more exciting, too. I love it. You cracked me up with the cheese whiz. I really don't think I've had cheese whiz since I was a kid. I think the stuff kind of scares me now to be honest. But I do love cream cheese in my celery, if that counts!
Thanksgiving has been celebrated and I honestly do not know what is planned for the rest of the weekend. Harry Potter?

Jessica @ Dairyfreebetty said...

I love egg in a hole! We always put honey on it. I realize how weird that sounds but it's SO good...

just think... bacon and peanut butter! I am officially the queen of weirdness!

Hehehee

Soumya said...

wow...loved the egg in a hole...very interesting...will try this...happy thanksgiving...

Simply Life said...

I love the idea of egg in a hole - looks so fun to eat!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans said...

I have never been an egg in a hole fan! Eggs on top of toast, I'm totally down. Eggs inside toast? Not so much.

Unknown said...

i lllooovvveee coffee in my oats, even though people think its so weird!

Anonymous said...

I've never had eggs in a hole... I was afraid of yolks growing up and would only eat scrambled or poached egg whites, haha.

sophia said...

I've had an egg in a kabocha pancake which I created some time ago, but never an egg in a hole. How crazy is that? Must change that tmorrow. ;-)

Were your friends American, to have a thanksgiving feast?

Eden said...

Wanted to thank you for the kind wishes and your support. Means a lot to me to have a friend like you!
On a lighter note, your eggs in a whole look impeccable! Mine always turn into just holes!

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I absolutely love eating egg in a hole. Your Thanksgiving feast looks amazing!! Love your blog:)

Anonymous said...

no fair you got celebrate 2x!!! :) Anyways...Glenn leaves again this weekend and I can't wait to start cooking again! hahaha

Kacy said...

I love egg in a hole! It's the only way I can really cook eggs well other than scrambled, haha.

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

egg in a hole...YES! and in fact when we were in grade school and took home economics classes (such an 80s term!) but we made egg in a hole. with lots and lots of butter! haha

Real foodies eat Cheese Whiz. It's the law. = love that. also grew up on that!

loved that you saved your art projects too and now you can ideas for your students!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I have never had egg in a hole! I have some GF bread in my fridge right now so I should try that this week. Looks yummy!

I had a great Thanksgiving and ate entirely too much. I need to go on like food detox or something!

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear said...

I've never had an egg in a hole! I also just learned eating breakfast, I don't know if it has something to do with my blogging or not but it's a good thing I learned it... I survive the day much better now :)

Cynthia said...

I've never had eggs in the hole, but I think I will. I love eggs for breakfast!

DessertForTwo said...

Real foodies do eat Cheez Whiz! :)

Jenna said...

i cant wait to try eggs in a hole when i get home!!