Thursday, November 11, 2010

A San Fransisco Sunday

The farewell brunch at the Foodbuzz Festival was put on by Nature's Pride.


I tried a little of everything and then took off to my room to rest my sore foot (I hurt it the day before from wearing crappy shoes and walking too much in them).  I was in a lot of pain, but it is starting to get better.

Later on in the morning I hobbled around Union Square to find a drug store and an anti-inflammatory for my foot.  I picked up lunch and then headed back to my room to eat pad Thai and have a nap.  


After my nap I dug into my swag bag and tried chirardelli chocolate for the first time.  It was mediocre.


In the evening I went to Cafe Gratitude for dinner with some other bloggers.  
I had a rice and veggie bowl.

Picture borrowed from Raya.

The next morning I said goodbye to the Sir Francis Drake Hotel (a gorgeous hotel), and goodbye to San Fransisco.


This trip was full of firsts for me.  It was my first time traveling alone (I had never even traveled out of my city alone, let alone out of the country), and my first time meeting other food bloggers.

Tomorrow the hubby and I are having some friends over for a dinner party!!!  

What do you have planned for this weekend?

19 comments:

Astrid said...

I am so proud of you for all of those firsts! Oh and I adored your red polka dot dress, it looked gorgeous on you and was so fun. Hope you have a great dinner party. I can't wait to hear all about it. As for me, I have a big shopping day planned in Houston. I am chalenging myself to actually spend some money. Scary, I know!

Kat said...

everything looks fab!! sorry you hurt your foot though :( this weekend i am going shopping with my bestie and i have a game!!

Jessica @ Dairyfreebetty said...

looks like soooo much fun!!

I would have loved to have met all those guys!!

Kacy said...

Sorry about your foot!

Tonight I plan on relaxing and then tomorrow the new bf is meeting my dad and stepmom and we're all going out for drinks. I also work some hours at my PT job and will be running my last long run before my race. So a busy little weekend!

Have fun at your dinner party!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh I cannot wait to see the photos from this dinner party of yours!

We are throwing one tonight, in Calgary, and it's Greek-themed. I'm sooo excited!

But then I have the longest drive ever back to DC tomorrow...

Melissa @ Made in Melissa's Kitchen said...

I have loved reading your recap posts! I am really hoping to go to the Foodbuzz Festival next year. It is a long trip, but if you can travel from another country I can certainly travel across this country! :)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Congrats on your first solo trip! And your first blogger meet ups! I am so used to traveling alone because I have done it for years but I imagine it feels weird after being married!

This weekend we are continuing the birthday celebrations for my boyfriend. Tonight we are going out w/ his best friend and his wife. Tomorrow night just us 2 are going out to dinner for some alone time. Shoudl be fun!

Amber said...

It looks like you had a FABULOUS weekend! I can't get over all the delicious food :-)

lynn said...

wah! i still can't believe it was a week ago :(

Simply Life said...

wow! looks like an incredible trip!!!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans said...

Man, you are such a dinner party machine! One of these days I need to come to Canada and crash one!

Jen said...

Yummy!

Great recap :)

Eden said...

O man, I miss you! We need to come like five days earlier next year and shop the whole city!

~Andy@GratefulHubby said...

The food at the gala dinner was definitely unforgettable, but if we forget, we have our blog photos to help us remember. :)

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear said...

What a brucnh!!!

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

it was awesome meeting you!! albeit briefer than i wished but there will be other times :)

crazy busy this past week so sorry my comment is wayyy late on this post!

:)

Kelsey Ann said...

and uve got a full sized Ghirardelli too! nice <3
I love that you got quite a few kitchen accessories too; for chopping and mixing!! ur photos from the event in ur series post were so fun to look through! I loved seeing ur pics on other peoples blogs too- i kept saying "OMG! ITS JOLENE!!" hehe <3

Anonymous said...

Just took a look at all your food pics from SF. Everything looks like it was amazing. I may have dreams about the scallops. :)

Anonymous said...

i went dress shopping! okay this was a few days old :( anyways when are you going to nyc exactly!!! what if you are there during my wedding?