Thursday, November 4, 2010

San Fransisco Bound


P


acked and ready to go!  My flight leaves around 6:30 a.m. tomorrow morning, so I will be up around 4:30 to make it to the airport on time.  

The last couple days have been pretty busy.  Between full-time classes and work, including it being report card time, I definitely need a break.  I managed to get report cards done today, and midterm time is over at school.  I feel very relaxed going into this long weekend.

Wednesdays eats included a green monster, a turkey sandwich, yogurt with PB, an iced cappuccino, mac and cheese and a pear, meat and cheese plate.


I have had a bigger appetite lately, and I only want hearty foods - must be the weather!

I had class Wednesday evening.  For those who asked, I am doing my Masters in Ed. Psychology.  I am currently taking neuro psych, theories of counseling, and moral ed.  In the winter I will be learning how to do personal therapy and group therapy. Eventually I want to work with people who have OCD and/ or Eating Disorders.


Breakfast this morning was French toast.  I had another turkey sandwich for lunch (I am hooked), a pear and some yogurt with PB.


This evening the hubby and I had our very first Shepard's pie!! (Costco in-store made).  It was awesome! I can't believe I had never had Shepard's pie before today.  My mom never made it when I was growing up, but she did make other fabulous, hearty dishes like chili, spaghetti and meat sauce, lasagna, stews, thick soups, etc..


Have you ever had Shepard's pie?  
What kind of hearty, homecooked meals did you have growing up?

Next time you hear from me, I should be in San Fransisco!




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh! You are going to have SO. MUCH. FUN. I can't wait to read all about your time in San Francisco!

And I grew up eating my fair share of Shepherd's Pie... but also the lazy version of it where you make meatloaf, mashed potatoes and frozen corn and then you smother it in ketchup and mash it all together with your fork until it looks like pink goo... YUM.

Toni @ Imperfect Pregnancy said...

Have fun in SF!

Shepherd's Pie is a pretty amazing, and versatile, meal. I heart casseroles. I'd have to say my Mom's mac and cheese and chili were pretty high up there on the comfort scale. And her cornbread.

Simply Life said...

Yay! Have a wonderful trip! I can't wait to read your posts about it!

Christina said...

have fun in san fran! have a safe flight :)

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear said...

Have fun!!!! :)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Have a fabulous trip! Can't wiat to hear all about it!

My mom made a lot of 'comfort food' type meals when we were growing up. Pot roast and mashed potatoes was my favorite!

Jessica @ Dairyfreebetty said...

Hope you have FUN!

Unknown said...

i love making a homemade mac and cheese! there are so many possibilities to experiment with.

have the BEST time in san fran, lovely!

Kacy said...

I don't think I've ever had shepherd's pie, but I know I'd like it!!

Have fun at foodbuzz!!

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

thank god we found each other in that sea of madness! it was faboooosh meeting you and swapping stories :)

Anonymous said...

Have fun!

I make shepherd's pie all time time in the fall/winter. Usually I make a roast in the slow cooker, and then use the leftovers + gravy to make shepherd's pie the next day. So, not the traditional ground meat, but it's good. ;)