Saturday, March 17, 2018

Thoughts on a Saturday

So, I got a food processor about seven years ago and put it under the stairs for a bit until I was going to use it, and then sort of forgot about it ...


Oops!  I busted it out of it's hiding place last weekend, and am super impressed with how easy it was to put together, how little space it takes up, and how efficiently it works; it's really slick!

I used it to make an artichoke dip/spread:


And also to make the braising mixture for Korean short ribs:


The carrot and daikon were delicious with the ribs.  We had rice and kimchi on the side.


I drank a few green smoothies for breakfasts this week.  They had milk, a banana, frozen mango, spinach, and a drizzle of vanilla - perfect for St. Patrick's Day!


Other eats over the week included a plate of our homemade beet perogies, topped with sour cream, green onion, and sriracha:


And an easy beef stroganoff served over egg noodles:


Christopher had this meal ready when I got home pretty late from work on Tuesday.  We had never made beef stroganoff before, but it was really good, so it's a dish we'll have again.

Since it was pi day on Wednesday, I made a coconut cream pie for the occasion:


Our day today started out with this breakfast:


And this evening we're heading over to Christopher's brother Steve and his wife Mel's house to spend time with them and our niece Charlotte.  We're going to cook some Irish food tomorrow as a little late St. Pat's celebration!

What are you up to this weekend?  Did you have pie on pi day?  Are you doing anything to celebrate St. Patrick's Day?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I think I have the same food processor. I love it. I use it all the time!

We did not do anything for st Patrick’s Day. We had some visitors that morning but that was the extent of our plans! And we did not eat any Irish food but I am not a big fan of corned beef and cabbage. I love cabbage but not corned beef for some reason!!