Monday, March 19, 2018

Getting Together with Friends

Recently we met up with pals for a wing night at Industrial Park Cafe.  This is a great little dive with wing night on Wednesdays and all-you-can-eat tacos on Fridays.


Christopher and I shared a couple pounds of wings, as well as some fries, which were really good.  It's not too often that we go out for food like this, so it was a nice treat.

On Saturday evening Christopher's brother and his wife had us over for dinner.  Our little niece was absolutely adorable, and quite entertaining throughout the evening.  When we first arrived we snacked on some cheese, meat, and crackers:


Mel and Steve ordered from Thai Basil, one of our favourite places in town.


My yummy plate:


The salted crispy chicken from this restaurant is on my must-order list if you're local and are interested in trying Thai Basil.

We had a nice evening visiting, getting some hugs from the niece, and sharing laughs and a meal with Mel and Steve.  We were home by 10:00 p.m., but then went back out as a bunch of our friends were doing karaoke at a place about two minutes from our house. 

After five hours of singing and visiting we were back home to get to bed.  I can't remember the last time we were out that late, but we had a lot of fun!  Of course, being old now, we were awake by 7:30 on Sunday morning - ha!  We really can't sleep in anymore.  We tried to sleep a bit more, but it was clear that it wasn't going to happen, so we got up and got breakfast going.

Blurry pico de gallo omelette
The rest of the day was spent lounging around, and making Irish food in the spirit of St. Patrick's day (one day late).  More on that in the next post!

How was your weekend?  What did you do?  Do you find it more difficult to sleep in the older you get?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I used to not be able to sleep in. Then pregnancy and my active RA made me so tired that I was able to sleep in but not as late as I used to!! Now that we have a new born my sleep looks really weird because I am up for hours at night feeding Paul so I sleep in chunks. He eats at 1:45 and 5:30 usually and it’s so weird to not be up for the day after his 5:45 feed but I would be exhausted if I stayed up so I go back to bed when I lay him down and often do not get up until 8 or so or even later if he sleeps well.

Mmmm! Wings sound so good right now!!