Thursday, March 22, 2018

Guinness in Dinner and Dessert!

On Sunday, in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day, we made a couple of recipes featuring Guinness.  Dinner was a beef and Guinness pot pie.


This recipe was from the Best of Bridge: Sunday Suppers cookbook.  I recently got a review copy of this book, and we've been making a bunch of recipes from it.  Stay tuned for a review.


For dessert I whipped up a batch of Guinness brownies, which I'll definitely make again.  They were dense, moist, and the icing was perfect.


We like minimal icing, so I halved that part of the recipe.


This didn't last too long in our house.  I am craving one right now - mmm!  Reduced Guinness goes into both the brownie batter and the icing, and it adds a caramelly deliciousness to them.

Did you have any Irish eats on St. Patrick's Day?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum! Your Irish eats look delicious! Those brownies sound especially good! I love a good, moist brownie!