Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Festive Weekend

This past weekend was just lovely.  We woke up on Saturday morning and made some festive coffee and breakfast.

 
 

We've both been eating 1/2 a pomegranate a day lately (at least 2/3 cup arils each).  We are hooked.


After breakfast we lit a Woodfire candle (which smells ahhhhh-mazing), and started decorating the house and Christmas tree.


It didn't take long, and we were soon enjoying peppermint lattes.


The Christmas tree sprinkles made them even more fun!

After relaxing with our lattes, Christopher sipped almond nogg, and supervised my cookie baking.  We decorated them together - nothing fancy, just a quick flood with royal icing, and some sprinkles.


So yummy!

The rest of the day was spent watching movies and having snacks.


Olive tapenade is our new favourite addition to a snack plate.

On Sunday morning Christopher cooked up breakfast ...


Then we spent the rest of the day wrapping gifts, relaxing, and snacking instead of cooking.


We liked our weekend of snacking so much, that on Monday evening we also had snacks for dinner.


Tonight we're cooking spaghetti and meatballs, but I'm thinking that there will be a lot of snacky days in December.  We always have fun shopping for goodies at the end of November or beginning of December and stocking the fridge, pantry and freezer with tasty treats that we don't usually eat throughout the rest of the year.  The weeks leading up to Christmas are always tasty.

How was your weekend?  What did you do?
Do you buy different snacky foods around this time of year (cheeses?  nuts?  chocolate?  frozen goodies?)

2 comments:

Amber said...

All those snacks look SOOOOO good. Snack plates are my absolute favourite!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love snacky meals! We don't make them very often, though, for some reason. I need to change that! I love olive tapenade - that's one of my favorite dips! I used to make it every year for Julia Child night for the appetizer course - I need to bring that tradition back next year!

This time of year I find I eat more meat and cheese than normal as that seems to be common at holiday parties and such and it's something that I know is gluten free so safe for me!