Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Rewind

Things have been busy around here this week.  Let's rewind to the weekend!  We had a fantastic weekend, which started out in the backyard on Friday after work. 

On Saturday Christopher made breakfast (as usual):


Around noon we headed downtown to the Farmers' Market, where we tried a poutine from a food truck.


It was pretty good, although the portion was quite small for the $8 price.

On Saturday evening we went to a friend's place to celebrate his birthday.  At Mike's we had a few really tasty BBQd ribs, and enjoyed some beautiful end-of-summer weather while catching up with pals.

On Sunday we went to the Saskatchewan Mustard Festival for the first time.  It takes place at The Willow restaurant, and is $25 for all you can eat little dishes, each made with mustard.  The problem was it was insanely crowded, and really difficult to snag some food.  Luckily, we ended up trying quite a few things (more than what is pictured):


Later that evening we were hungry, but really, really tired.  We thought it would be a good idea to order Chinese food ... dinner for eight!! 


Yes.  I know.  That's excessive ... but, this week has been so hectic so far, so it was nice to have the leftovers for lunches.


How has your week been so far?
Do you ever order in Chinese food?  What's your favourite dish?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Ooh a mustard festival is right up my alley as I love mustard so much! Your poutine fries look good but that is a bummer about the price vs portion size. That is my main complaint with food trucks - I feel like many are over priced.

This week was a short but busy week but I was glad it flew by as today I fly to kamloops to visit amber! I am actually waiting for my flight to Seattle to take off as I write this comment :) enjoy your long weekend!!