Saturday, August 29, 2015

The End of Our Week

Wednesday was my last day of holidays.  I got up early, went to the farmers' market, ran a couple errands, and had lunch ready for when Christopher got home.


I also whipped up some stuffed pasta shells so we'd have good lunches for Thursday/Friday.


In the afternoon we went to The Fat Badger patio downtown to visit and people watch.  We then came home and sat out in the backyard a while longer.  It was a great way to end off a wonderful summer break.

On my first day back to work, I ate a yogurt mess for breakfast


I topped plain Greek yogurt with blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, cantaloupe, PB, hemp seeds, and coconut.  I knew this would keep me full through meetings and hauling heavy furniture etc., until I was able to eat my delicious pasta shells.

I came home from work to lovely flowers - my husband is the sweetest!


We made a vegetarian curry for dinner and relaxed for the evening.

Now it's time to enjoy this beautiful weekend weather!

What are you up to this weekend?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I can't believe your summer holiday is over! It doesn't seem like you were off work for that long! I hope the transition back to work has been good. It seems like you enjoy your job, so I am sure that really helps!

I thought this weekend was going to be full of free time but it actually hasn't been that way... but it's been fun. Friday night we stayed in and I went to bed really early as my club started out 20 mile (!!!) run at 6 am. That night we went to a BBQ at a friend's house and then today I volunteered at a race and stopped by to see a friend and her kiddos.