Friday, September 25, 2015

It's Going to be a Great Day!

Wednesday was the first official day of Fall.  We thought it might be nice to have a comforting, hearty meal on this day, so for dinner I whipped up a big pot of jambalaya.  I prepared a lobster stock to start, and used that in place of the chicken broth in this recipe.

The jambalya was full of rice, veggies, sausage, shrimp and chicken.


The recipe made enough for our dinner on Wednesday, and then lunches for me for two days, and a huge lunch for Christopher for one day.


Last night we made a healthy, delicious celery soup.  It's so quick and easy, and really tasty.

We had a lot of fun cooking it ...


We always have fun in the kitchen.

This soup really is easy - all you have to do is chop and dump.


You can find the recipe here.


This morning I'm starting my day with some Mini Wheats, raspberries, and grapefruit juice.  I don't eat cereal very often, but I wanted something quick today.


We have a really busy, but really fun weekend ahead.  We're going out tonight, tomorrow night, and Sunday afternoon. 

What are you up to this weekend?  Any fun plans?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

The jambalaya looks amazing as does that celery soup! I am book marking that to make in November! Looks awesome!

Sounds like you guys have a super busy weekend! Ours isn't too planned which is nice as last weekend was packed. We are staying in tonight, tomorrow I'm doing more recipe testing for Julia Child Night and then on Sunday night we have a birthday party to go at a really fun restaurant!