Monday, October 27, 2014

Weekend Road Trip

We had another weekend away!  This past weekend we went on a road trip to Winnipeg.  We didn't get into town until quite late on Friday night.  We met up with my uncle J for a late dinner and visit at The Grove.


The next morning we went to Kawaii Crepe - yum!!


The afternoon was spent at The Forks, where we tried a moose poop (I call these chocolate mountains; others call them chocolate macaroons). 


What do you call them?

We then relaxed a bit, and had some dinner before seeing Jake Bugg and The Black Keys in concert. 

On Sunday we grabbed a quick breakfast at Smitty's before heading home.

We're really looking forward to some weekends at home, and "no-spend November", in which we plan to basically stay in, cook at home, and not go out or spend money.  Other than three prior commitments for the month, we don't plan on adding anything else.  You should be seeing a lot of home-cooked meals - new recipes, etc..

How was your weekend?  What did you do?

3 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I have never seen a chocolate treat like that so I do not know what I would call it!

I have had a busy month of October and have ate out more often so I plan to make November a sort of no spend month, too. Plus I am just so burned out on eating out in general. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys will make!

I had a great weekend as I had a friend visiting so I got to show her around!

Cassandre said...

Chocolate and peanut butter!! two of my favorite things in a popcorn. I would love to try this. do you know if it's sold in the US as well?

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Hey Cassandre!!

Yes it is!!

Jolene