I love trying new, healthier snack options, and especially love that the product is made with Non-GMO corn.
2) We picked up some Halloween candy for the trick-or-treaters! We're giving them mini chocolate bars and some Cheezies! Do you get trick-or-treaters? What are you handing out?
3) I absolutely hate to replace household items, furniture, etc.. Christopher and I are both of the same mindset; we believe in buying high quality items that will last, and then we prefer to repair them instead of replacing them if possible. We save a lot of money by never buying things like new furniture, new appliances, a new TV, etc., unless we absolutely have to. The couch cushions, which are over 10 years old, are starting to get holes in them, and the filling is coming out. I was so happy when I came home today and Christopher had told me he sewed them up! There is no need to replace beautiful cushions when they are still good!
4) When we got home from Winnipeg on Sunday, we were quite happy to see that we had all the ingredients for bee bimp bop in the fridge.
5) The leftovers made a great lunch on Monday.
6) There was still leftover rice, so Christopher used that to make kimchi fried rice for Monday's dinner.
We've been taking turns cooking a lot lately, just due to a busy month ... but we are excited to get back into the kitchen together in November.
7) Tonight the boys are jamming, so I'm whipping up an easy dinner while blogging and doing homework. It is about to go into the oven. We're having ribs, potatoes and peas.
8) I threw a little fit when I read that the class I am taking next semester will be on Friday nights. A day later I found out it was a glitch, and they will in fact not be ruining my life ;-)
9) Those who've been reading my blog for a long, long time, know that I used to eat a lot of oatmeal for breakfast, usually with really fun toppings. This week I've been back on the oatmeal.
Yogurt with toppings is making a comeback too ...
10) I just threw a quiche in the oven for breakfasts for the rest of the week. I love having a hearty, warm breakfast in the morning, and prepping a quiche ahead of time is perfect! It warms up so nicely. I used mushrooms, spinach, tomato, onion, zucchini, and three kinds of cheese.
You can find my basic quiche recipe here. It's smelling good already!
What are your Tuesday things? How's your week going so far?