1) We spent the holiday Monday doing some yard work, and then relaxing in the backyard. Following that we had homemade French fries, and caught up on some TV shows.
2) We went for dinner to The Lil' Belizean the other day. We shared a Jamaican patty to start, and then had chicken with rice and beans, and coleslaw/potato salad. The food doesn't look appetizing, but it's good.
It's very simple cooking, with no added salt. Everything is really fresh.
3) My birthday is tomorrow (Wednesday), and we're going out for dinner to celebrate. Christopher's birthday is on Friday, and we'll be away, celebrating in style! We got some fabulous prizes from Christopher's parent's on the weekend, and look forward to enjoying those.
4) I tried the chicken fried steak sandwich at Smokin' Okies recently. It wasn't very good. The mac and cheese was okay. I've tried this place a few times now, and have never really been impressed.
5) I have no idea what to be for Halloween this year. What are you dressing as?
6) The Screaming Daisies released their second album the other day!! If you want to support local (to Regina), original music, the discs are $15 a piece. We'll ship!
That's Christopher's eye in the second pic!
7) Today was so beautiful; it hit 23 C, which is great for mid-October. It's so nice to still be rockin' sandals this time of year. What's the weather like where you are?
8) Dinner last night was beef stew.
9) This evening we had butter chicken with basmati rice.
10) We have some really fun weekends planned for the rest of October! One we're flying away, one we're road-tripping, and then we have a friend's Halloween party! What exciting things will this month hold for you?