Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking Back on 2013

2013 has been a pretty amazing year.  We ate extremely well this year ... these are some of our favourite dishes that we made:

shrimp bee bim bop
basic quiche recipe
shrimp and/or oyster po boys 
seafood and sausage gumbo
the best fish burrito
lobster pot pies
shanghai noodles with pork
pad Thai
curried shrimp stuffed eggplant
kale sausage soup


My blog grew this year, and these are some of the milestones:
  • Some of my food pictures were chosen to be on Tastespotting, including my fried chicken shot from this post, and my chicken biryani shot from this post, and my salad shot from this post.
  • I celebrated four years of blogging.
  • We were invited to the pre-opening tasting at Wild Sage Kitchen & Bar, and were blown away.
  • I posted my 1000th post.
  • I signed a contract with Canadian Living magazine!

We celebratedOoooh boy, did we celebrate.  And then we celebrated a bit more.  Dance the dance of life!


We did a lot of traveling in 2013.  In March we saw our friends get married in Mexico, then shortly after we were off to New Orleans, where we saw an NBA game, heard a lot of live music, and ate some ridiculously good food.  Next up was Las Vegas, where we dined in style, and had the time of our lives.  Then in October, we flew to Vancouver, where we had a great little getaway.

The first babies in my group of friends were born this year, and it's been very exciting.  Finally, I defended my masters thesis this year! 

I have a sneaking suspicion that with the way things are going, 2014 is going to be an even better year.

Have a safe and wonderful New Years Eve everyone!
Tell me something exciting that you did in 2013.

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

2013 was an awesome year for you! I can't wait to see what 2014 has in store for you. Something exciting I did in 2013 was go to Paris!