Monday, December 23, 2013

Images from my Day off

Today was my first day of holidays, and I slept until about 8:00 a.m..


I took a shower washing every body part with actual soap; including all my major crevices; including in between my toes and in my belly button, which I never did before but sort of enjoyed.  I washed my hair with adult formula shampoo and used cream rinse for that just-washed shine ...


Bahahaha, okay, that's from Home Alone, but you get the idea ...

I had a quick breakfast and threw some laundry in the wash before heading out of the house around 9:30.


After a Starbucks and a look around Chapters (I could seriously spend all day in that store), I stopped at the mall to do some last minute shopping.


It looks like the Swiss Chalet will be opening soon!!!  This makes me very, very happy.  We haven't had a Swiss Chalet in Regina in years, and I LOVE this restaurant.  The fries.  The sauce.  The chicken.  Mmmm!


After a few stops I met Shauna at Flavours of India for lunch.


I hit a few more stores, including the grocery store, before heading home.

A few things I needed to make cabbage rolls tonight, and to start my cinnamon buns!
Next up - present wrapping!


Before Christopher got home from work I started working on dinner ...

Looks tastier post-blend ... beginnings of a vegan alfredo sauce.
Pasta with vegan Alfredo sauce - it's good!


Finally, snacks and snuggles!  We've been diggin' the Full House marathon that's been on TV for the past couple of days.


Today was a very productive day off.
I'm looking forward to a beautiful Christmas eve and day.

How was your Monday?  
What will you be doing for Christmas eve/Christmas?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Ha, loved the quote from Home Alone. That movie is so darn good! I am glad you had a great first day off! I am spending Christmas at my parents lake home in Minnesota. It's cold and snowy so feels especially Christmasy. It's been so cold that I have been hibernating since I got here, but it's been nice to rest and relax after the hectic month of December!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!