Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Day

When we woke up on Christmas morning, we began by turning on the Christmas tree lights, and the coffee pot.  Next up, we got to work on breakfast and mimosas.


Eventually we carried our coffees into the living room where we opened presents, and then spent some time cozy on the couch. 
 
Later in the afternoon we went to Christopher's parent's house where we enjoyed snacks, visited, laughed, opened stockings and other gifts, all in front of the beautiful crackling, wood fireplace.  When it was time for dinner we made our way upstairs.


The 'rents served up turkey, stuffing, roasted potatoes, perogies and many veggies ...


Christopher's dad wore one of the gifts we brought him bearing his nickname:


After dinner and dessert we retired to the basement again, where we played Wii sports for hours on end.  I think I may have gotten a little bit addicted to the Wii bowling, and I may have improved my swing with Wii golf.  We had so much fun!

What did you do on Christmas day?  What are your plans for NYE?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! Mine was great as well! We open gifts on Christmas Eve, so Christmas Day is usually more low key for us. We had egg bake for breakfast and a delicious Christmas dinner which included pork shoulder, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. I played Scrabble with my grandma, mom, and sister-in-law - AND I WON. And I ended the day by quietly reading on the couch with my mom.