Tuesday, August 6, 2013

4 Year Bloggy Birthday

 

Four years ago today I sat down at my computer, bought the domain name everydayfoodie.ca, and decided that I was going to start a blog and commit to it.  I had started a few blogs prior to this one, and had never kept up with them, but I knew this would be different.  I chose to blog about what I was interested in and passionate about, a topic that allowed me to be creative and adventurous.  I began blogging about every single thing that I ate, and eventually it morphed into less of a daily food log, and more of a food/life journal; I began creating recipes and documenting dinner parties.

Blogs like birthday cakes too!
Cake recipe here (I "thirded" the recipe)
In the past four years I have eaten such a wide variety of foods, and have tried hundreds of new recipes.  I've documented my foodie adventures in other countries and cities.  I've made online friends through blogging, and have met many of them.  I traveled to San Fransisco to join other food bloggers at a festival, have been interviewed for a magazine, and got the opportunity to interview one of my favourite Food Network personalities.  It has been a crazy adventure and I don't plan on it ending any time soon.


I appreciate my readers.  Some of you have been around since the beginning, others are new to everydayfoodieI'd love to get to know you a bit more, so if you feel so inclined, please leave a comment below (everyone can comment even without an account - just click anonymous and leave your name in the body of the comment if you wish).

I'd love to know ...

Your name
Where you're from
Anything else you like!

I hope to hear from some lurkers out there!!

3 comments:

Mom on the Run said...

Congratulations Jolene!

Sarah
Connecticut, USA
Would love to own and blog about a bed and breakfast some day!

Maria @ Little Miss Cornucopia said...

congrats on your 4 year birthday - that's great! it's my first time here but i'd love to come back. what's the best way to subscribe/connect with you?

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

The best way is to follow!! Thanks for stopping by :-)