Sunday, August 9, 2009

Mama mia pizza pie ...

I spent the day with friends at the Folk Festival. We spread our blankets out on the grass in the park and chilled with the hippies for a day of sunshine, music, and good eats! It was one of the nicest days we have had in a long time, since the summer has been pretty crappy on the prairies this year :-( It was nice to get some sunshine over the past few days though, and it has made me realize I need to enjoy the last few weeks of summer by spending more time outside instead of cooped up indoors. I think I will take some work outside with me tomorrow, even if it is just into my backyard.

Since I ate a late breakfast (around 11:30 this morning), I didn't eat again until supper. I started with a glass of red wine while I debated what to get from the food booths at the festival.

Nothing from the booths was grabbing my attention, so husband and I decided to get a little 10" pizza to split from the pizza place down the street from the park. I saved our spot on the lawn, while he hiked over and picked us up a spinach and feta pie.

I devoured one of the pieces before I remembered to take a pic!
We listened to some pretty good bands, and a few hours later got hungry for a snack. I tried the banana fritters from the African booth. I had about 1 and a half of the little suckers. They were alright, but a little too greasy for my liking.

Well, the Folk Festival is all done for the year. I really enjoyed spending time just relaxing in the park, something I don't do nearly enough! We will definitely be buying tickets for next years festivities.

Goodnight!

No comments: