Friday, April 10, 2015

There's Nothing You Can't Do

There is so much to do in NYC.  This is my fourth visit, and I'm feeling like I haven't even scratched the surface, even though I have done a lot.


By our second full day in Manhattan, we had already seen a Broadway show, an off-Broadway show, gone to a comedy club, attended the parade, dined in many awesome restaurants, saw live music, and did loads of sightseeing.

Grand Central Terminal
Remnants of the old CBGBs, the birthplace of punk music in the United States.  It's now a clothing store.
We also had a picnic in Central Park ...


We visited an iconic delicatessen, Katz's.  This place is absolutely massive, and ridiculously busy.  It's been around since 1888, and was the location of the famous dining scene in When Harry Met Sally.


The server brought us some pickles to start.


We then ordered the pastrami/corned beef combo with matzo ball soup, and the brisket sandwich with coleslaw.


The coleslaw was fantastic, the soup was very "blah", and the sandwiches are highly overrated.  I have no idea why people wait in long lines for them ... the meat was flavourless and dry.


Happy Friday!  
What are you up to this weekend?

3 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That is a bummer that your food wasn't all that impressive at Katz's. That said, I'd echo what you said as I went there 2 summers ago when I was visiting my friend. It was so crazy busy and the food was SO over priced.

There is so much to do and see in NYC. I could go back every year for many years and still have an endless list of things to do! Luckily I have a couple of friends that live there so I have excuses to visit - I just need to make a point to visit more often!

Amber said...

Wow I can't believe you have been to NYC four times! It is high on my list of places to visit. One day!

Anonymous said...

I loved When Harry Met Sally. Too bad about the food at Katz's. It's disappointing when a place doesn't live up to your expectations.