Friday, April 24, 2015

BBQ Recipes

We're so lucky to have an early spring!  Now that it's nice out, Christopher and I have been trying to think of new things to BBQ this spring and summer.  We found so many inspiring and tasting looking ideas on the BBQ recipes page of RicardoCuisine.com

First we BBQd the chicken drumsticks with Indian spices.


They were fabulous!  We marinated them in the coconut milk and spices overnight, and then they took no time at all on the BBQ.  We served them with potatoes and salad.


Because the chicken was so good, we were inspired to try another recipe from the BBQ recipes page.  We chose the grilled endives with melon and prosciutto for a sweet and savory appetizer.


They were easy to put together, and after brushing them with olive oil, we tossed them on the grill for a few minutes per side.


These are an extremely satisfying appetizer.  They are salty, and just a tiny bit sweet, with a bit of crunch.  We'll definitely make these again when we have dinner guests.


Ricardo Cuisine has a lot of recipes on the website.  We're looking forward to trying a lot more of the BBQ ideas this summer.  Most days after work we head straight outside and visit in the backyard, and we often end up cooking dinner out there too.  On weekends, we'll sit outside all day, while our dinner cooks very slowly and makes all the neighbors jealous ;-) 

You can find both of the recipes I made and a lot more at BBQ recipes.

What is your favourite thing to throw on the BBQ?

* Full disclosure - All opinions are my own.  The recipes were chosen by me and ingredients purchased by me.  In exchange for trying a recipe, I will be receiving a subscription to Ricardo Magazine.

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum, everything looks great, especially those endive appetizers! That sounds like something I would love!

We have not grilled yet this year. Phil doesn't have a grill and I only have a charcoal grill and we haven't used that yet and probably won't until after my move in May as I don't want the added hassle of having to clean it out/dispose of ashes, etc. But I am so ready for some grilled food! My building has some grills in the common area so we need to use those when the weather warms up (it's been very cold here lately).