Thursday, April 9, 2015

I Want to be a Part of It ... New York, New York

The NY Easter Parade is unlike any other parade; it is simply people parading down 5th Avenue in their Sunday best, or in crazy hats/ costumes, or fun Easter get-up, taking pictures of each other. 

 

Even the pets dress up ...

 

I  spotted my two friends (they don't actually know me) who I've seen at all four New York Easter parades that I've attended; they're my two favourites each year.


I even spotted a cute little bunny!


Mr. Bunnyman garnered his own attention as he started singing back-up vocals (loudly) for one of the guys shouting on the street.  It's always an interesting day when you're married to the least shy person on the planet, haha!

We grabbed lunch at Trattoria Dell'Arte.  There were assorted chocolates on the table when we sat down, and then the server bought us house-made breads and mascarpone cream.


We shared some samplings from the massive antipasto bar, and an arugula, pepperoni pizza.


Our view out the window was of Carnegie Hall.


We checked out Rockefeller Center, before heading to see Book of Mormon on Broadway.


We aren't really sure what the big fuss is about Book of Mormon - neither of us would go to it again.

Dinner was at Momofuku Noodle Bar.  It's crowded and hard to get in to, but good.


After dinner, we saw some live music at Cafe Wha?

What did you do for Easter Sunday?  Did you see family?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That parade is awesome! And Christopher sure looks dapper in that suit with the bunny ears! I love that he sang back up vocals for a random person!

I spent Easter with my family. We had ham, mashed potatoes and some other yummy sides!