Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve, Eve

Yesterday, also known as Christmas eve eve, Christopher got up for work at 5:45 a.m.  I couldn't sleep any longer, so I got out of bed at 6:45.  I made a smoothie with coconut water, a banana, frozen blueberries, and frozen cherries.

I made sure homemade cranberry sauce, banana cake, and the other baking were all ready to bring to my sister's for dinner:

I cleaned the whole house, did laundry, and made dinner buns:

I also set aside and packed up all the gifts to take that evening to Christmas #1.

When all this was done, I got lunch prepared for when Christopher came home on his break.  I tried to keep him at home for the afternoon, but he insisted that people needed their packages in time for Christmas. 


He got off about an hour early, which was a nice surprise, and we hung around until it was time to get ready to go to my sister and Riley's for Christmas dinner.

We went over to these lovelies' home in the evening:

Our nephew is getting so big!

We ate a delicious potluck-style dinner:

This was my yummy helping:

Our niece Remi is only 4.5 months old, but she kept trying to devour the dinner buns, and other food at the table (as well as the people).  I think the little sweetheart will be eating solid food sooner than later!  She entertained the whole family the entire night with her silly antics, and wide-eyed smiles.  Her aunties are pretty smitten ...

After dinner we congregated in the living room to open presents and visit.

It was a really nice evening.

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals!

How was your Friday?  
Did you have to run out and brave the stores on Friday?

Luckily, I did my last minute stuff on Thursday, so that I could stay home on Friday.  I'm glad I did; I heard that it was craaaaaaazy on Friday.

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I was all done with my shopping early in the week so did not have to fight the crowds, thank goodness! My Friday was pretty low key. I worked a half day (from home) and got some things done around the house. Then when Phil was done with work, I picked him up and we headed to my parents lake cabin. They were all so excited to see us (and my ring!). It was pretty mild that night so my brother grilled burgers which were sooo good!