Sunday, August 2, 2015

Lobsta

Dinner on Thursday was kind of a random surprise.  Christopher came home from work, and when I greeted him at the door he had a large plastic bag.  "What's that?" I asked; it was a couple of live lobsters!  Those little guys made all sorts of noise while they hung out over ice for the afternoon.  We had to tell them to "keep it down!" a few times.


We hadn't planned any fancy sides to go with the lobsters, so we had them with a cheesy Sidekick noodle dish, and of course melted butter for dipping.


It was wonderful.

There were no leftovers, which was just fine, as we were heading out of town the next day for the long-weekend. 

How was your weekend?  What did you do?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum! That looks so good! Fresh lobster is so great. When I was working in Colorado in college, the owner of the resort was out on the East Coast and he shipped live lobsters back to my friend's uncle who was taking on additional responsibilities while the owner was gone as a thank you gift. I remember when they arrived at the front desk as the package was making so much noise! We had lobster that night and it was so good. I've had lobster a couple other times but it just doesn't compare to that experience because I don't think I've ever had lobster that fresh since.