I've read many nutritional books, but I found that I still learned new things while reading this book. I was constantly making little notes in the margins, which I rarely do.
This is a very user-friendly book. Some of it's organized features include:
- questionnaires for the reader regarding skin type, etc..
- 8 basic and easy-to-follow guidelines for healthy skin
- specialized programs for those with acne, eczema, psoriasis, etc..
- a three day cleanse plan
- a 14-day healthy skin menu/activity plan
- over 100 healthy skin recipes
I was impressed with the quality of research and great deal of references provided in this book, and was pleased that the information in it aligned with all the other research I have done in the areas of food and nutrition. This book provides a very comprehensive look at diet/lifestyle and healthy skin.
I look forward to trying the recipes in this book, and like that they include easy-to-find ingredients, many of which I have on hand all the time. Also provided with each recipe is a breakdown of the nutritional information.
The dinner that we had last night included foods that are all very nutritious, and skin friendly.
|Grilled tofu, sweet potatoes, garden salad|