Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Stormy Weather Food

The news and weather sites were all warning about a huge storm with large hail, and potential for tornadoes yesterday.  I wanted to be prepared, so I secured the yard the best I could, hiding plants and the fire pit under the carport, and moving some stuff into the garage.


I cooked up a warm and hearty dinner, perfect for staying in on a scary, stormy evening.  Luckily the storm never came, but the dinner was still good!


We enjoyed this pasta recipe from Pioneer Woman's site, made with shrimp and a rose sauce.  On the side was roasted broccoli tossed with s&p, olive oil, and garlic before roasting for 25 minutes.  I then tossed it with fresh lemon juice, zest, a touch more olive oil, Parmesan cheese and basil.


A sprinkle of Parmesan, just for good measure ...


We also ate some of this Mediterranean-style bread from the Lakeshore Sobeys, which is officially the bread I am buying from now on - soooooo good!  We dipped it in olive oil and balsamic.


It was also excellent toasted for breakfast this morning.  A couple pieces with avocado and sea salt, and the others with Laughing Cow cheese, tomatoes and fresh basil.


What do you like to eat on a rainy evening inside?

2 comments:

Kacy said...

That pasta looks fabulous! I'm glad the storm didn't come AND you got a great meal :)

Allysia said...

I was in Weyburn on Monday, and at one point we were watching the radar and the giant storm (that spawned a tornado in Kronau) just split in half and went right around Regina. So lucky!