Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thankful


I


want to thank all my wonderful readers for your sweet comments on yesterday's post - you are all too kind, and your words brightened my day. Each and every one of you is invited over to my house for dinner ... you just have to let me know when you will be in Regina ;-)

The hubby also wants to say a BIG thank you to all of you readers who congratulated him on his half-ironman (and a special thank you to eatmovelove who said he was cute!! hehe. That made him smile!).

Yesterday morning after Tuesdays rich and spicy eats, I just wanted something healthy and refreshing. I turned to my lucky green monster to give me an energy boost for the day:





Lunch was leftover soup with a dollop of sour cream to cool it down:



Later in the afternoon I had some yogurt with a tsp of chocolate chips and a tsp of coconut:



I snacked on a couple of these pita chips while making dinner:



Dinner was steak and Mexican rice with pico de gallo on top:



My snack in the evening was 1/2 a brownie, and an orange:





This morning I had baked eggs loaded with veggies (2 eggs, broccoli, tomato, onion, T mozza) baked for 20 minutes @ 375:



Update: My foot is 100% better - back to the 30 Day Shred!! All I had been doing before was walking, because it was all I could handle. I am excited to start the 30 Day Shred up again, and I am actually going to do the C25K plan again, and give running another shot. I never got to finish the plan last time, but I am hoping this time will be better.

Also, a HUGE congratulations to Caitlin who appeared on The Today Show this morning! Her book "Operation Beautiful" is now in stores! I have been reading Caitlin's blog from the VERY beginning, and followed her journey as she came up with Operation Beautiful, got a book deal, wrote a book, etc.. It seemed so surreal to see her chatting it up with Meredith on the today show! My book will be arriving in my mail any day now - I am so excited!

One more thing - please go HERE to vote for John who has a crazy "Stridea" to do 40 races in one year before he turns 40. He is a true inspiration!

Today I am thankful for the blogging community.

What are you thankful for today?

14 comments:

Amber said...

I am also thankful for the blogging community! My twitter stream was overflowing with support for Caitlin when I woke up this morning. It was amazing. I don't know what I'd do without my blogging friends ;)

Heather Iacobacci-Miller said...

So glad to hear your foot is better. That's great news. I am thankful for A/C today (trivial sounding, but the heat index is 111 right now).

Christina said...

i love your bowl and spoon!

Kacy said...

Glad your foot is better girl!

Yay for running :)

Kat said...

Glad the foot is better. Now its time to get back to business! I hope you conquer your running this time! I am thankful for the blogging community as well. You guys always make me smile!!

Simply Life said...

Oh I'm so happy your foot is feeling better!

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman said...

I agree--the blogging community is great. I'm thankful for that too!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I am proud of you for sticking with 1/2 brownie for snack! Good for you. The blogging community is quite nice and helpful isn't it!!

Madeline -Greens and Jeans said...

So glad to hear that your foot is doing better! Today I am thankful that my back is letting me run again!

:Deliciously Healthy said...

I seriously have to try those green monsters!

Glad your foot is better!

I heart blogging... ;D

sophia said...

I'm SO thankful for the blogging community, too. I wish you could meet more bloggers. You're so social and you sound like great fun!

YAy that your foot is getting better! :D

Eden said...

What a wonderful post! I'm thankful for all my supportive readers! I think they truly help me in my recovery road! I'm also so thankful I'm alive! Ive toyed with death way too much when I was younger! I'm so thankful I learned to start taking care of myself!

Morgan said...

I have no idea why, but your soup is making me crave a big hot bowl myself! it's 90 degrees here, but i want some!

I think your hubby is hot too!! woo hooooo!!! :)

~ Diana ~ said...

i'm thankful for your blog. You positive spirit and never ending support for me has been really touching. Good luck on the c25k..but remember, if you REALLY odn't like it..don't force yourself! -mymarblerye