Monday, August 16, 2010

CSN Stores: Tea Kettle Review


W


hen aspects of my life are out of balance (even by a little bit) I feel it physically. I got very little sleep a couple of the last nights we were camping, and today I felt the effects. I had a terrible headache and couldn't keep my breakfast or lunch down. I started feeling better by the end of the day, and my headache is almost gone now. I spent most of the day trying to sleep my headache away and keep food down.

Breakfast was a green monster with 1 large scoop of Amazing Grass, 1 cup unsweetened Almond Breeze, 1 T almond butter, 1 frozen banana:



Lunch was a small portion of wild rice, with a half a can of tuna
(mixed with light mayo & Dijon mustard):



Since I immediately lost my breakfast and lunch after consuming them, I was very hungry by about 2:00, and had a snack of Source Vanilla yogurt with a sprinkle of chocolate chips and coconut, and 1 T PB:



This was my first time stirring PB into my yogurt, and it was great! I see why this is so popular among food bloggers. I kept this snack down - thankfully.

When my stomach is not feeling well, the best thing I can eat is soup. I had a bowl of mushroom soup with a few crackers for dinner, along with 2 egg whites with hot sauce.

Dessert this evening was a bowl of fruit:



CSN Store Review: Product Review

I have worked with the people at CSN Stores quite a few times in the past, and they recently offered to send me a Kitchen Aid Kettle to try and review. The hubby and I have never owned a kettle, but he has been bugging me to get one ... needless to say, we jumped at the opportunity. I was happy to see it waiting for me in the mail when I returned from camping.

The kettle I chose was:

KitchenAid Cookware Gourmet Essentials 2.25 Quart Soft Grip Tea Kettle in Pear





Pros:

- Ordering with CSN Stores was extremely easy

- The product was shipped in a very timely matter, and they even upgraded the shipping

- The Kettle is very visually appealing. I LOVE the colour! It comes in various other funky colours as well :-)

- The soft grip handle makes it very easy and comfortable to hold and carry to the stove when it is full of water.

- The water boiled in under 3 minutes.

- The kettle let out a audible squeal when the water was boiled - I could hear it well over the TV.

Cons:

- The unique handle is a little awkward when trying to pour from the kettle, especially for a lefty like me.

- The kettle is smaller than other models I have seen, and might not be big enough for everyone.

Overall, I love my new kettle. It is super cute!




(Honey Ginger Green Tea)

Something else came in the mail when I was gone camping ...



Yipppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I have been a reader of Caitlin's blog from the beginning, and followed her journey as she came up with the Operation Beautiful movement, got a book deal, wrote her book, and then celebrated its release. It is surreal to be reading a book and know some of the stories and people in it. Many of the people who are featured in the book I "know" from the blogging world. Caitlin called for her readers to submit their stories, and their Operation Beautiful messages, which she then compiled in the book. Looking back I wish I had shared a story or message with her - it would have been neat to have been featured in the book!

Is your story or Operation Beautiful Message in the book?

Do you use a kettle? What kind? What do you use it for the most?


The hubby and I never used a kettle before because we had a water cooler that also supplied boiling hot water. It recently broke.




21 comments:

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) said...

i dont use a kettle, i boil in a cup in the microwave, such a rebel i am but it works :)

caitlin. ironically i dont read her blog but a comment i left on another blog got noticed by caitlin and she wrote to me asking me if she could use my comment, so i guess i am in the book. someone else told me im in it.

I wish i had gotten into her blog awhile back, just never did, and now...well, i have sooo many other blogs i love to read :)

thx for all your comments on all my posts from last week...while you were sick no less. feel better!

Lynn @ The Next Chapter said...

That kettle is really cute, love the color! I always use an electric one, never tried a stove top before.

Hope you feel better soon!

~ Diana ~ said...

I'm glad you had a fun time camping but sorry you're sick. AT least you can make tea with that new kettlepot!!! Anyways, I haven't gotten my book yet!! Let me know how it is! -mymarblerye

Simply Life said...

oooh I love the new tea kettle!

challenges2010 said...

Hope you feel better soon. I remember being sick like that. In one way it wasn't bad as I'd lose weight not being able to keep things down :-)

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman said...

I love that teapot, it's so cute! I use one all the time. I'm kind of a tea addict, so a teapot is 100 percent necessary.

Hope you're feeling better today!

Anne Marie said...

I don't use a kettle, but I would if I liked tea!

Heather (Where's the Beach) said...

Sorry to hear you were feeling bad. Glad you're better now at least. I do use a kettle, it's just a silver colored one I found at Bed Bath & Beyond. Nothing fancy. We use it for tea mostly.

From Here to There. In Purple. said...

my story is in the book.

and that kettle is sooo cute!!!

hope your stomach has calmed down a bit, thinking of you!

love love love
becca xo

Kat said...

So jealous of the kettle!! I actually wanted one, but I really dont have any room in my kitchen lol

Christina said...

i don't use a kettle bc i don't drink tea that often, but darn it i love the color of that one! so cute!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans said...

That kettle is so cute! I have an electric one that I use constantly! I actually have one at home and another at work...

Kacy said...

I've never used a kettle, but I don't really like tea.

Sorry you weren't feeling well, I hope you're better today.

Kelsey said...

i have the same type of stove as you and i didnt realize a kettle would work on the flat surface (only really thought of the coil or gas stoves) but now that ive seen this im so happy! ive always wanted one similar!! <3

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog - I am FINALLY getting aroudn to checking your blog out!

Sorry to hear you didn't keep your breakfast/lunch down... This morning I have been feeling a bit nauseated and worried that might happen to me! Yikes... not a good feeling since my desk is SO far from the bathroom at work....

I have yet to find a tea that I really like so I do use a kettle. I think I have one that came in one of those 'kitchen's in a box' packages that you can get at Target during back-to-school season, but I don't even know where it is... so I wondering if I tossed it during one of my 'purges' when cleaning/trying to get rid of stuff I don't use... or maybe I donated it to charity? Hmmm...

Amber (Girl with the red hair) said...

I am planning on buying her book this week! Can't wait to read it!

That kettle is so freaking cute. I haven't been drinking tea very much lately but I drink it A LOT in the fall/winter :)

tanyas daily said...

I have a kettle...for looks only
I always microwave my water..lazy

BusyB said...

I can see how camping can make ya sick lol! glad to hear your holding stuff down now : ) I WOULD love that kettle it matches my kitchen (Well what i got done with it so far at least) great pics!

loveofbreakfast said...

hope you are feeling better today lady!

my kettle is a similar color to yours. i got it at target a few years back. i don't use it often but like the punch of color it gives my kitchen :)

Mom on the Run said...

I hope you feel better! Being sick in the summer is no good!

That tea kettle is so cute. I have to agree that the color is fantastic. CSN is a great place.

Alisa said...

I love that you did a tea kettle review! I'm a definite tea-aholic. We switched to an electric kettle many years ago because my husband and I simply power through way too much hot water in a day. It was just quicker and more efficient.