Monday, October 12, 2009

Homemade Cranberry Sauce

If you can open a can of cranberry sauce, then you can make your own homemade cranberry sauce - it is that easy. I promise!

I made some today to take to my dad's place for Thanksgiving dinner tonight.

Cranberry Sauce

  • Dump 1 cup of sugar into a pot


  • Dump in 1 cup of water in and stir on med. heat until the sugar is dissolved.
  • Bring to a boil.
  • Dump in a bag of cranberries.



  • Return to a boil and stir occasionally for 10 minutes.


  • Let cool completely (makes 2 1/2 cups).
Simple as that! In 10 minutes, and with 3 ingredients you can have homemade cranberry sauce. People always seem impressed by it - they must not know how easy it is!

Lunch today was some mac and cheese, and a few tomatoes:







Now I am off to grocery shop, and do some work ... blah.


7 comments:

Simply Life said...

Wow, I've never made that before and never knew how - thanks!

Anonymous said...

i love those things that are easy, but somehow impress everyone!

Anonymous said...

Jolene,
Thanks for the great recipe. I never knew cranberry sauce could be that easy and simple to make!

Devan said...

Happy Thanksgiving !

Anais said...

Ah, i love mac and cheese :P Can't help it!!

chow and chatter said...

Happy thanksgiving up there in Canada nice blog

Fresh Local and Best said...

I love making fresh cranberry sauce! It's so simple and tastes so good. I especially like it when the cranberries begin to pop in the sauce pan. Thanks for sharing!