Sunday, October 25, 2009

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you all had a relaxing/ homework free day like I did!

This morning started out great because the hubby offered to make pancakes! This is my portion:



With real maple syrup for dipping:



I prefer to dip my pancakes, because then they don't get soggy.

For a later morning snack I had 1/2 of this:



This was my first try of an Amazing Grass Bar ... and I found it a little too sweet for my liking. The nutritionals are amazing though, so I will be finishing the bar at some point, and eating the other few that I have.

Around 1:30 we picked up my little nephew to hang out for the afternoon. We went shopping a bit, and had a late lunch at Costco. I wasn't hungry, so I had about 1/2 piece of pizza and a few fries.

For dinner we went to the hubby's parents house. We had ribs and rice:



And salad with mixed greens, apple, cranberries, pecans, and a light dressing:



I also had a glass of crystal light icetea:



This evening the hubby and I are going to watch some of our shows. I made a little POM spritzer to enjoy.



I also had some of this homeopathic medicine today to try and help me get over my cold:



I don't know if it works, but it is worth a shot. Have you ever tried a homeopathic medicine/ remedy?

Another weekend has come and gone ... and tomorrow is Monday - sorry to remind you.
This week is sure to be crazy busy, and I still need a costume idea for Halloween!

Are you dressing up for Halloween? What as?

11 comments:

Devan said...

oh I just bought some homopathic remedies for stress and comfort!
Im excited to try it.

Crystal light iced tea is one of my favs :)

One Healthy Apple said...

I like the vitamin C packets and tea always works for me!

I'm dressing up as a White Russian for Halloween- so excited!

Anonymous said...

I use Olbas Oil whenever I have a cold, it's great for unblocking your nose and rubbing on your chest. It has a very soothing scent too.

Taylor

Anonymous said...

I've tried a few homeopathic remedies...still not sure if the results were beneficial or not, so no real comment here yet :)

I've heard so much about these Amazing Greens - is the bar supposed to be a snack or meal replacement? LOVE those pancakes though - gosh I have to get some pancakes SOON!!

As for Halloween - I haven't got any plans yet. I would love to dress up though - it's been a while, will need to be extra-creative though if I do as I'm running out of time :)

Simply Life said...

Again, great looking meals! Your portions always seem to healthy - I love it!

Anonymous said...

i hope you're better soon!
we're going to start moving soon... so i told josh we're homeowners for halloween, and that's enough!

Anais said...

I don't know if I'll be doing anything for Halloween yet... but if I do, since i'm broke, I'm thinking of going as a yoga instructor since I have all the yoga stuff at home :P

Anonymous said...

For Halloween I'm going as a bridesmaid....one of my really good friends is getting married :)

Unknown said...

Love your blog!!

Another good remedy for being sick... Miso veggie soup!!!!!!! Just saute onions + garlic and any other veggies you want, water, some oxo cubes (chicken is my favorite) when it is all cooked add in a TBSP miso paste + some KALE!!!!!!!

I just started a blog too, I'd love for you to check it out!! http://dairyfreebetty.blogspot.com/
Have a great day and feel better!

Alanna said...

Mmmm, a pom spritzer sounds so refreshing!
Hope you're feeling better soon!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said...

What a cute salad bowl!