Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Thankful Part 1

These writing prompts have been making their way around the blog world.  I saw them on Lisa's blog.  I often like to take time to reflect on what I am thankful for, so I thought it would be nice to share these on my blog too.  There are 30 questions, so I'll break them up into three posts.

1) I am most thankful for my ability to read well.  Reading was a big deal in my house growing up, and my mom always read with me as a kid and ensured that I went to kindergarten knowing how to read.  I have enjoyed it all throughout my life, and much of my day involves reading!

2) At this moment, the thing I love best about my family is how the little ones have added so much joy to all of our gatherings. And with Christopher, I love how our little home is so full of love and happiness.  Our family-of-two feels very complete. 

3) Something that made me smile today was my students. I hope that each of them goes home at the end of the day feeling like they're my favourite.

4) The best thing I smelled today was barley risotto that I microwaved for lunch.

5) One of the memories I am most grateful for is Christmas morning with my family growing up.  Christmas always felt so magical and cozy.

6) Thank goodness someone taught me how to manage my money.  When I started babysitting as an adolescent, my mom got me three little piggy banks to separate my earnings into spending, short term savings, and long term savings.  My parents always let me spend my money how I wanted but encouraged me to really consider my purchases.  If I wanted to blow all my money on one purchase, that was fine, as long as I was okay with the money being gone after that.  I took these lessons to heart.  I have gone through times with very little money, and have had to scrimp, save, sacrifice, and make my money stretch, and these life lessons have made me much more money-savvy than I might have been otherwise. 

7) The strongest part of my body at this moment is the whole thing.  I have never felt stronger, or more energetic in my adult life than I have in the past year. 

8) Even after a rough day, the things I am most grateful for at work are the people, and the flexibility I have in my jobI get to have fun at work, am always laughing and smiling, and I plan my own days and my own year, with only a couple of real deadlines, so I can move things around, switch them up, be creative, and always find new and fun ways to do things.  I could never work at a job where every day is the same for an extended period of time.  I love the variety and flexibility in my day.

9) I am so grateful that my legs carry me through anything I want to do.  My legs have never given up on me.  They just keep going and going and going; as long as I've got comfy shoes on there is no slowing me down.  I could walk for days.

10) I felt a little burst of energy today when I came home to my Christopher.  I get so excited to see him at the end of the day, so it always puts a spring in my step when he greets me at the door with his smiling face and open arms.  I'm a lucky lady.

Your turn!  Copy and paste some or all of the questions and share your answers!  Or simply, what are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I'm glad you decided to play along. It's fun to read others answers! I also am glad my parents taught me how to manage my money. I've gone through some lean times, too, and that's when money management really matters but then you get used to living on less and can save more when things aren't quite as tight.

I'm glad glad you and Christopher found each other. You two have something special!