Saturday, December 21, 2019

Baking Last Weekend

As usual, I went overboard with the Christmas baking.  I think this year there were 10 lbs of butter in our overflowing cart, but it's so worth it!

I made the following:

- caramel corn
- snack mix
- shortbread
- cinnamon twists
- oatmeal bars
- butter tarts
- chocolate mountains
- Nanaimo squares
- peanut butter blossoms
- white chocolate candy cane cookies
- peanut butter marshmallow squares
- chocolates

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

After making all of these treats in one day (and more than one batch of some), I was ready for the couch!  Christopher isn't much of a baker, so he helped by washing dishes and doing quality control.

We ordered Thai food when the baking was done, and it was so delicious!  I didn't even get a chance to snap a picture.  I was really hungry!

The next day we did some deliveries, and then settled into the couch with snacks.


All week we shared a plate of baking with our TV show before bed.


Did you do any Christmas baking?  
What is your favourite type of Christmas baking? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your sister didn't get any deliveries. pffffft.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

We can only give away so much, or else we won't get any 😥 It was a lot of work. Sorry!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum, that is a lot of baking!! So nice of you to share some with friends! I do not do much baking because GF stuff is usually kind of 'meh'. I did make my usual sugar cookies for the decorating party. Those are always a hit. They have a ton of butter in them as well as cheese cheese so they are very soft and delicious. I made a chocolate pie for Christmas dinner. I used my mom's recipe which is super easy. You just melt chocolate and marshmallows with some milk and then fold in a cup of whipped heavy cream. I found a GF chocolate pie shell so that dessert was easy and something I can eat. We'll top it with cool whip and choc chips before eating it. Hopefully his mom and brother like it! I am planning to make some peanut butter cookies for the anniversary gathering for my parents the first weekend in January but that's it for holiday baking. Oh, and I am going to try to make homemade GF cinnamon rolls. Fingers cross they turn out. I've never worked with yeast before and this recipe requires that the milk mixture be heated to a certain temp (110F). Seems very finnicky but hopefully it's worth it!