Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Mothers' Day

We had an early mothers' day visit with my mom the weekend before mothers' day, and it was really nice.  On Sunday we had Christopher's parents over to celebrate with them.


In the morning I made pie, and then got beans in the oven.


It was nice enough to sit outside, so when they arrived we snacked a bit in the backyard.


The appetizer was grilled melon wrapped with endive and prosciutto.


Christopher grilled up jerk chicken and Greek ribs, and then we moved inside to eat.


On the side we had smoked cheddar mac and cheese, bourbon baked beans, and mango salad.


My plate:


Dessert was key lime pie:


It was so wonderful to be outside enjoying the gorgeous weather, and this week has been beautiful too.  We're looking forward to eating many more snacks and meals in the yard in the coming months.

Have you eaten outside yet?  Grilled?  How's your week going so far?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum, that meal looks fantastic, as usual! I would love to try Christopher's jerk chicken!! Yum! We grilled our meal on Mother's Day. I think we have only grilled one other time since the spring has been so cold and damp. It's been beautiful here this week and our trees are flowering. This is one of my favorite times of year! It's going to be pretty cool this weekend and very rainy, though, so i am soaking up the sun while it lasts! I planted my garden last night so I guess a week of rain isn't the worst thing, but I need sunshine!!