Monday, July 23, 2018

Mornings, Afternoons, and Evenings

Mornings

I've been getting up pretty early during my holidays, and my breakfasts lately have included things such as cheesy grits (with chives we grew):


Eggs and toast:


And even leftover tacos:


After breakfast I always put my sneakers on, grab my phone and headphones, and turn on a podcast to listen to as I walk around the lake.  I've been enjoying the Chatty Sisters, which I learned about from Lisa and Amber's blogs.

I've also been enjoying Married Without Children.  The couple who do this podcast speak about so many things that Christopher and I can relate to; it's really refreshing.


I listened to one Invisibilia episode, and one from Matrimoney.  I will have to listen to a few more episodes of those two podcasts before I decide if I like them or not.


Afternoons

When Christopher came home for lunch last week we mostly ate leftovers, and sandwiches.


I was running errands most days after lunch recently, as we hosted dinner guests three times within the past week.  I also spent some time reading blogs, cooking, cleaning, and relaxing with a book.

 

Evenings

Dinners last week included beet risotto on Monday, pizza and salad on Tuesday, banh mi tacos on Wednesday, braised pork ramen on Thursday, and random snacks on Friday (cheese, olives, dip, crackers etc. in the yard).


When bringing groceries into the house on Friday, I twisted my ankle/foot coming up the back steps.  It seemed okay, and I was walking on it for about an hour, but by the evening it became incredibly painful, and I couldn't even put an ounce of weight on it without wincing in pain and nearly falling to the ground.  I had to hop on one foot around the house all evening, and was in a lot of pain even when laying on the couch with it elevated.  We realized we didn't own a tensor bandage, or an ice pack, so Christopher ran out to grab those, and then took such good care of me all evening.  Since we were hosting family for BBQs both Saturday and Sunday, I was worried, as I knew we had a lot that we had to do.  Christopher told me to lay on the couch, ice my foot, and not lift a finger, and he'd take care of everything for the whole weekend.  He really is the sweetest man!

Fortunately when I woke up on Saturday morning my foot was a bit better, and after spending about four hours in the morning taking it easy, icing and compressing it, I was good to go for the rest of the day, and was able to walk on it, and could still participate in getting everything ready for the evening.  I am not sure what I did to it, but it was the most amount of pain I've ever had from something like that, but the least amount of swelling, and it only lasted about 24 hours until it was almost back to normal.  Weird!

I'll tell you about our family BBQs tomorrow!

What have your mornings, afternoons, and evenings looked like lately?  Which podcasts are you enjoying (if you listen to any)?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I'm glad you've found some podcasts that you are liking! I love Chatty Sisters. They are both such sweet people. I feel like I'm hanging out with them when I listen to their podcast! I listened to so many podcasts when I was on maternity leave since I would listen while going for stroller walks. Now I haven't been listening to as many. But starting tomorrow I'm going to try taking the bus from daycare so I should be able to listen to more. Oh and I loved the 2nd season of invisibilia. I felt kind of 'meh' about the last season. One of my favorite episodes is called "Flip the Script."

Your ankle injury sounds painful! I'm glad you had such a good nurse to take care of you! And it's good that you were still able to enjoy your bbqs!

My days are so different now that I'm back at work full time. :( I'm still adjusting but today is my 4th full day back and Paul's 2nd day of daycare so we are both still adjusting. My mornings start so early as I'm up around 5:15 to pump and my nights end early as I try to be in bed with the lights out at 9 so that I can *try* to get 7 hours of sleep.