Friday, July 27, 2018

Market Under the Stars

A handful of times in the summer a mini farmers' market opens up downtown in the evening.  There are booths selling produce and other goods (fewer than on a regular farmers' market morning), and then all the food trucks set up, and you can buy tickets to try different dishes from them.  We went to this event last night, and enjoyed the beautiful evening outside.

Tickets are five for $20 and most things cost one ticket.

We shared one taco:


Two pulled-pork sliders:


Perogies on a stick:


And a slice of pizza:


There are always bands playing too, so we caught a bit of music before calling it a night.  Tomorrow morning the regular farmers' market will be on, so we'll head there to buy our veggies/fruits for the week.  On Wednesday morning I picked up Saskatoon berries, ground goat and shelling peas.


Do you go to a farmers' market regularly in the summer?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I used to go to the farmers market every week but haven’t gone this summer as it’s tough to get out of the house with Paul. He can only handle about 1.5-2 hours of awake time so by the time we feed him it doesn’t leave us much time to get out of the house... but one of these Sundays I should leave him with Phil and go to the market because I really miss going!! I always went with my friend who has an almost 3 year old and a baby that is 5 weeks older than Paul. I think that next summer Paul and I will be able to meet her at the market weekly as he will be napping less often so I look forward to that!!

The food you got at the market looks so good!