Monday, December 18, 2017

The Weekend

On Friday evening we picked up groceries, and then had salmon, whole wheat couscous, and salad for dinner.  We were in bed early, as we were heading to Saskatoon the next morning.


We grabbed breakfast subs on Saturday before hitting the road:


We spent the day with my mom, and then had a quick Thai dinner before retiring to our hotel room for the evening.


Bright and early the next morning we grabbed breakfast for ourselves, and some for my mom too. 


Once we were back home on Sunday evening Christopher made dak galbi for dinner - enough for today's lunch too.


We have been spoiled with nice weather lately; almost all the snow is gone!  Driving to and from Saskatoon, the highways were great, and it didn't seem like it was almost Christmas.  Everything just looked dusty.

Inside it's looking a lot like Christmas though ...


I love Christmas decor; the house never looks prettier than at this time of year.  We have a jam-packed week ahead, but then are looking forward to doing some major relaxing on the long weekend ahead.

How was your weekend?  All you ready for Christmas?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Our weekend was pretty relaxing and low key, which was just what I needed. Sunday was especially relaxing which was good since I had a painful RA flare. Our house is all decorated for Christmas and I wrapped the rest of the presents last night.

Our weather has been so mild, too. Most of our snow has melted but we are getting more today which I am happy about as it doesn't feel like Christmas without snow! Granted I don't lift a finger to remove the snow so it's easy for me to say I am happy we are getting it!! But then it's going to get REEEAAAALLLLY cold for Christmas weekend which I am not excited about!!