Saturday, December 2, 2017

Pretty Little Things: Gift Guide

Sometimes it's nice to give gifts that are pretty little things people might not normally buy for themselves.  I don't think I have ever bought myself a $20-$30 candle, but you better believe that I admire the ones in Chapters every time I am there, and appreciate it when my sister wraps one of these up in a gift for me (she knows all about pretty little things).

Sometimes it's nice to give or receive something impractical but beautiful ... something to treasure.

Here is my pretty little things gift guide:

1) Voluspa: Mokara Scalloped Edge, Embossed Glass Candle

 

This is my all-time favourite candle, and not only does it smell amazing, it's utterly beautiful.

Some features of this candle include:

- Coconut wax blend
- Sustainable, ecologically sound, pesticide-free manufacturing
- 100% cotton wicks
- No animal testing

Purchase here or here (picture credit to the Voluspa website).

2) S'well Water Bottles are all the rage right now.  If you're going to carry around a water bottle every where you go, you might as well carry a pretty water bottle.  Liberty London Fabrics, a luxury design retailer, collaborated with S'well on this beautiful collection of five water bottles.


These BPA-free stainless steel bottles keep cold liquids cold for 24 hours, and hot liquids hot for 12 hour.  They are available exclusively at Starbucks.  When the kind people at Starbucks offered to send me a gift card to pick out my own S'well bottle, I knew instantly which one I'd choose.  I just love this floral design.


So pretty.  

Purchase one at your nearest Starbucks.

3) L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Night Cream


Otherwise known as the best night cream.  I love it.  I am hooked.  This is a lovely, special gift for the girl who has everything.

Purchase here (picture credit to the L'Occitane website).

4) Victoria's Secret Lace Trim Satin Slip.


This is the most gorgeous little slip, that also makes the prettiest sleepwear ever.  PJs don't need to be frumpy onesies 😉💗

Purchase here (picture credit to the Victoria's Secret website).

5) Coach Sunburst Necklace


Simple, pretty, and reasonably priced.

Purchase here (picture credit to the Coach website).

6) Monogram Cheeseboard and Spreader


Cheeseboards are practical gifts, that add a pretty little touch the table when entertaining.

Purchase here (picture credit to the Chapters/Indigo website).

7) Hillberg and Berk Rose Gold Sparkle Ball Pendant

This necklace looks pretty with so many different outfits/ colours/ styles.  It is incredibly versatile, and a must-have when it comes to pretty little things.

Purchase here.

8) Melrose Charger Plates (Taupe)

Bowring carries may pretty little things, and these chargers are just plain elegant.


Purchase here (picture credit to the Bowring website).
 
9) Homemade Gingerbread Spice


If you want to make a pretty little gift for someone, perhaps for a secret Santa game, you could make up a batch of gingerbread spice, that can then be sprinkled over oatmeal, into pancake or waffle batter, on a latte, etc.

Homemade Gingerbread Spice Recipe (1 small jar)

2 T ground cinnamon
2 T ground ginger
2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves


10) Speaking of pretty little things ...

In order to feel like a pretty little thing yourself, beauty rest likely helps.  I wasn't one of those lucky kids that had a waterbed growing up, but you better believe I jumped at the chance to try a water pillow!


I had never heard of anything like it, until the people at Mediflow got in touch with me.  They sent me the Floating Comfort Pillow to try, and it blew my mind.  After filling it with three litres of water, I slept on it for a couple of nights, and was impressed.


I loved how it was soft, yet my head didn't sink all the way to the mattress like it does with other soft pillows.  You can fill it with varying amounts of water, depending on the firmness you desire.  It is very easy to fill, and there was no spillage as I filled it, nor after sleeping on it.  Also, in a peer-reviewed study, conducted at John Hopkins School of Medicine, this pillow was found to improve the quality of sleep

Christopher can't wait to give it a try too!
Purchase here.

What are your favourite pretty little things?  Do you still have some Christmas shopping to do?  Are you doing a secret Santa exchange, or something similar? 

(The S'well water bottle was provided to me by Starbucks; the pillow was provided to me by Mediflow; all opinions are my own).

2 comments:

Long Lasting Candles said...

nice blog. thanks for sharing it.
www.sprycandles.co.uk

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love the Voluspa candles as well. My favorite is the French lavendar and cade scent. I love how cleanly they burn, too. I didn't know about those water bottles from Starbucks - that's amazing how long they keep things hot or cold!

Most of my Christmas shopping is done. We need to get a few more things for my MIL but besides that I am done which is a good feeling! I'm doing a $10 gift drawing exchange with my college friends on Sunday when I host our annual cookie decorating party. I picked up a puzzle as that is something that everyone seems to enjoy doing but it's not something you often buy for yourself!