Monday, July 24, 2017

Easiest Frozen Cheesecake & Other Eats

Good afternoon! 

My day has been really productive, and super tasty so far.

Breakfast!
Before breakfast this morning I whipped up the easiest dessert ever.

Easy No-Bake Frozen Cheesecake

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 T butter or margarine (melted)
1 T granulated sugar
1 block cream cheese, softened
2 T icing sugar
1 tub Cool Whip (thawed)
1 can concentrated juice (thawed)

Mix the first three ingredients together and press into the bottom of a spring-form pan.  Blend the cream cheese and icing sugar together.  Once smooth, blend in the tub of Cool Whip, and the can of juice concentrate.  Pour the mixture over the crust, and freeze overnight (or for about 8 hours).


We'll be slicing into this dessert later this evening!

Once dessert was in the freezer, I got started on my breakfast.  Last night I had mixed 1/3 cup quick oats, with 2/3 cup milk, a scoop of chia seeds, a tsp of instant espresso, a splash of vanilla, and a tsp of cocoa.  I let that sit in the fridge overnight.  This morning I blended up 1 frozen banana, with a couple chunks of frozen mango, and enough milk to get it to a perfect soft-serve consistency:


I then layered the fruit soft-serve with the overnight oats to create a healthy breakfast that looks and tastes like dessert, and is so refreshing.


A little sprinkle of crushed peanut brittle on top took it over the edge.


After breakfast and Big Brother, I was out the door on a long walk around the lake.  It takes me just under an hour from door to door, and I was home by 10:30.  Once home I started working on lunch.

I made a khao soi soup, and followed this recipe.  Christopher was happy to come home to this flavourful lunch:


I'll be back later today to tell you about the rest of my Monday.

How's your day going so far?

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum! Everything in this post looks delicious! That parfait looks especially refreshing! And that frozen cheesecake sounds delicious and easy! That soup looks good, too. We haven't had Thai food in so long so need to remedy that soon!

I didn't feel very well yesterday so came home from work and laid on the couch. The only thing that sounded appetizing was a baked potato so I had that with butter and greek yogurt. So as lame of a dinner as it gets!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

@ Lisa - Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well yesterday :-( I hope you're feeling better now.